SAS caught in Libya ?

I can't believe a British diplomat would be so thick as to think their presence is wanted. Gadiffi only has to say to the public the rebels are siding with westerners and everyone in the country would be against them.

No wonder they were sent packing.

I can't believe a British diplomat would be so thick as to think their presence is wanted. Gadiffi only has to say to the public the rebels are siding with westerners and everyone in the country would be against them.

the rebels will want to be acknowledged by the west ,once this is done the public may follow them and oust gaddaffi which is what the west wants i think

the rebels will want to be acknowledged by the west ,once this is done the public may follow them and oust gaddaffi which is what the west wants i think

it's a strange one though, cos the west have pretty much got the booty under gadaffi, oil out, arms etc in - destablising could upset that and spread to the real villains in saudi

You should apply for William Hague's job....he obviously hasn't got a clue :hihi:

it's a strange one though, cos the west have pretty much got the booty under gadaffi, oil out, arms etc in - destablising could upset that and spread to the real villains in saudi

true frank,but everything has a price and a new leader bought and paid for by the west would leave us better off i reckon ..

true frank,but everything has a price and a new leader bought and paid for by the west would leave us better off i reckon ..

only if the new boss is west friendly, I can't understand why gaddafi did the deals with western companies, if he had turned to china they would have had a vested interest in protecting his rule, if the rebels are more anti western than gadaffi (they didn't take kindly to the SAS showing up did they), I'm sure beijing would be willing to buy a drop or 2 of the black gold.

Archived