Did God have a wife ??

I don't think the patriarchal Abrahamic religions could allow such a thing, giving a woman such a lofty position would be just too much for them. Though I'm sure I've read somewhere that part of the trinity was female, the Sophia which is Greek for wisdom, but the founding church fathers wanted woman to be the originator of sin and the feminine to be corrupt so it was eased out. Its nice to see aspects of religious art of the period showing the serpent take on more feminine aspects. Strangely enough my KJ bible always associated the word wisdom with the feminine gender.

In Hebrew myth wasn't Lilith the first wife of Adam created equal to him, she was a bit of a feminist and told Adam to get stuffed when he wanted to have sex on top or from behind like with the animals he 'knew'. She called on god to save her and he took her as wife, they had a fling till he got fed up of having a strong willed woman around so cast her out to become the mother of monsters.

Can anyone shed any light on these tales or am i just misremembering things.

The Lilith thing rings a bell.After Lucifer isn't she like the 2nd evil being?

Archived