Are Barnsley folk as bad as the LibDems say!

So, a candidate selected by a party in government, to potentially represent a neighboring city isn't "relevant" to Sheffield?Are you sure?
I'm sure. As someone just posted on another thread, about the flag burner, he's been punished, time to move on.

How many times do you all have to keep repeating the same things before your ire is sated? He lost, and another middle class non local person who knows very little about Barnsley selected by the ex-party of Government won ... par for the course round here? Why get so worked up about it, as you have the result you wanted? :D

Guest sibon
So, a candidate selected by a party in government, to potentially represent a neighboring city isn't "relevant" to Sheffield?

Are you sure?

Not when he has proved himself to be totally out of touch with the people that he wanted to represent... and a touch contemptuous.

That is just embarrasing really and needs sweeping swiftly under the carpet.

...How many times do you all have to keep repeating the same things before your ire is sated?...

I'm sorry, who do you think you are talking to when you say "you all"?

I'm not "all" the people on this forum, I just made a post on my own behalf...

...are you somehow used to talking to a wider political audience?

I (and yes, that means I'm talking for me) find his posts objectionable, and I don't even live in Barnsley...

...I (and yes, yet again this is a personal opinion) hope his political career is ruined for such a crass outburst!

Not when he has proved himself to be totally out of touch with the people that he wanted to represent... and a touch contemptuous.

It highlights the point;

Do politicians truly represent the views of the people they represent ?

If not why bother having elections why not just allow politicians to decide on their own policies decided by their own individual viewpoint.

So, a centrally selected LibDem candidate proves a total embarrassment, but we should just sweep it under the carpet so as not to "embarrass" South Yorkshire?

Are you real?

With the LibDem conference in Sheffield this week, these are just the sort of questions that do need raising!

I'm sorry, who do you think you are talking to when you say "you all"?

I'm not "all" the people on this forum, I just made a post on my own behalf...

...are you somehow used to talking to a wider political audience?

I (and yes, that means I'm talking for me) find his posts objectionable, and I don't even live in Barnsley...

...I (and yes, yet again this is a personal opinion) hope his political career is ruined for such a crass outburst!

I answered your point and then I continued addressing the general theme of the thread. I did start a new paragraph at that point?

Sorry, I just can never see the point of people repeating the same points that have already been made several times by others.

His posts? Whose? The ex candidates's? I wasn't aware he was posting on this thread? :suspect:

Guest sibon
So, a centrally selected LibDem candidate proves a total embarrassment, but we should just sweep it under the carpet so as not to "embarrass" South Yorkshire?

Are you real?

With the LibDem conference in Sheffield this week, these are just the sort of questions that do need raising!

Damn. I thought that you had a fully functioning sarcasm detector.

I hate this smiley :roll:, so I didn't add it to the end of my post.

Are you real?

With the LibDem conference in Sheffield this week, these are just the sort of questions that do need raising![/quOTE]erm, you don't read many of sibon's posts then? I think you might find his tongue is firmly in his cheek ;)

Guest sibon
erm, you don't read many of sibon's posts then? I think you might find his tongue is firmly in his cheek ;)

:thumbsup: At least I have it in an appropriate place this time. :cool:

This was discussed on Radio Sheffield today on Toby Foster's show. My impression was that a couple of people from Barnsley agreed with several of the points that Dominic Carman made, some denied that Barnsley was anything but perfect. Another chap said the BNP was the only answer, because of 'immigrants taking all the jobs'. He said that was why his daughter had never worked. He also said most people he knew in Barnsley felt the same. Strange if thats the general view that the party who have encouraged immigration most, were voted in.

Unfortunately I didn't hear it all, but the opinions I did hear were varied. And having read the article, the bit that no-one has pointed out: 'Barnsley folk –mostly cordial, reticent and keen to keep their own counsel'. Not exactly an insult? And if someone did say: 'Thatcher was worse than bloody Hitler,’ - I've seen similar views expressed on here.

Archived