Are Barnsley folk as bad as the LibDems say!

...Sorry, I just can never see the point of people repeating the same points that have already been made several times by others.

His posts? Whose? The ex candidates's? I wasn't aware he was posting on this thread? :suspect:

Very good, but this isn't the council chamber...

...you're obviously trying to diffuse the anger felt against this "gentleman", but it isn't going to work, we all see what is really happening...

...the trust has been broken!

Damn. I thought that you had a fully functioning sarcasm detector.

I hate this smiley :roll:, so I didn't add it to the end of my post.

That's what's great about the Sheffield Forum, it seems joking and point scoring is more important than principle and discussion...

...great!

Guest sibon
That's what's great about the Sheffield Forum, it seems joking and point scoring is more important than principle and discussion...

...great!

Don't blame others because you misinterpreted a post.

For the record, the bloke is an idiot and didn't deserve to come 6th. Ruby is right though, it is pretty boring and lacking in relevance.

Very good, but this isn't the council chamber...

...you're obviously trying to diffuse the anger felt against this "gentleman", but it isn't going to work, we all see what is really happening...

...the trust has been broken!

You impute motives to me that you've made up all by yourself. I don't know the man, I don't live in Barnsely and I don't care that he didn't get in. UKIP would have done for my purposes. Sadly they went with the Labour man parachuted in on them. The triumph of hope over experience, but that's par for the course in these Labour fiefdoms. They could have sent Gordon Brown up there and he'd have got elected, be right. :D

OK, so I'm a thick outsider.

What's wrong with Barnsley?

Apart from - as I've learned on this forum - some people call it Baaaarnsley (Is that like 'There's nobody here but me and my faaaaather?)

And the newly-elected MP calls it 'Boarnsley'.

What's the problem?

You impute motives to me that you've made up all by yourself. I don't know the man, I don't live in Barnsely and I don't care that he didn't get in. UKIP would have done for my purposes. Sadly they went with the Labour man parachuted in on them. The triumph of hope over experience, but that's par for the course in these Labour fiefdoms. They could have sent Gordon Brown up there and he'd have got elected, be right. :D

The Labour candidate was not, as you erroneously claim, "parachuted in". He was selected by the Barnsley Central Labour Party members as their candidate to fight the seat. He was up against several local party members - and all of them had been short listed for consideration by the Barnsley Central Labour Party members.

If anyone had been parachuted in to fight the seat, it was Carmen, the defeated Lib Dem candidate. The bile that he has now spewed out after his humiliating defeat not only exposes the contempt in which he holds some Barnsley folk but how unfit he was to be the Lib Dem parliamentary by-election candidate.

Archived