Are Barnsley folk as bad as the LibDems say!

You really do believe what you read in the Daily Mail??

The best way to read The Daily Mail is to really understand what their agenda is.Ie analytically and critically read it.

They dont like the Lib Dems. They will do anything they can to discredit anyone in the Party. Dont forget while they are doing this is takes all the limelight away from their whiter than white leader Cameron. As I said many times before and will no doubt say many times again, the media actually control most of what goes on in this country.

have you ever given a statement to the press? You really do have to be careful what you say. You cant say anything at all that can be misinterpreted. You can only say what you want them to print word for word.

If the candidate is guilty of anything, it is naivety where the press are concerned.

Dominic Carman wrote the article in the Mail!

[/b]

Slagging off someone is different to actually quoting what was said to him.

I think that if you read Mr Carman's article you would see that he doesn't restrict himself to quoting what has been said to him.

I give up!

If you'd care to read my opening post, I never used the verb "say". I said "According to" which in English would mean that Dominic Carman had presented a series of statements which were in accord with the proposition that he believed that 'Barnsley folk are narrow minded racists'.

If you have actually read what he said in the Mail, it would be difficult to come to any other conclusion.

If you want to be pedantic, then your statement is wrong. The OP never said that he had actually said 'Barnsley folk are narrow minded racists'.

So yes, according to Mr Carman 'Barnsley folk are narrow minded racists'.

I find it amazing that you can so miss the point of this post. The very idea that a parliamentary candidate should slag of the very people he wanted to represent just 3 days after standing for election seems to have escaped you.

I dont think that he was slagging anyone. He was quoting what was said to him. Do you believe him?

I give up!

If you'd care to read my opening post, I never used the verb "say". I said "According to" which in English would mean that Dominic Carman had presented a series of statements which were in accord with the proposition that he believed that 'Barnsley folk are narrow minded racists'.

If you have actually read what he said in the Mail, it would be difficult to come to any other conclusion.

If you want to be pedantic, then your statement is wrong. The OP never said that he had actually said 'Barnsley folk are narrow minded racists'.

So yes, according to Mr Carman 'Barnsley folk are narrow minded racists'.

I find it amazing that you can so miss the point of this post. The very idea that a parliamentary candidate should slag of the very people he wanted to represent just 3 days after standing for election seems to have escaped you.

[/b]

I dont think that he was slagging anyone. He was quoting what was said to him. Do you believe him?

I think that if you took any constituency the size of Barnsley Central, you would find a range of view, some of which are racist and narrow minded. I think that it is morally bankrupt to make these sort of remarks in the right wing press just days after standing to represent the same people.

Dominic Carman is yet another super wealthy Lib Dem/Tory. These creatures despise decent working class folk - and have nothing but utter contempt for those who are long term sick or unemployed.

His interview in The Mail reveals just what sort of MP for Barnsley Central he would have been, if elected. A politician who has absolutely nothing in common with his electorate, and who holds them in contempt and open disdain. Barnsley has had a lucky escape.

I worked in Barnsley for a few years and found the people very friendly and honest in their views.

Maybe Barnsley folk were too honest and said what they beleived and not what people are supposed to say these days.

Perhaps their views should be taken seriously by politicians.

Do you understand what a paragraph is?

Do you not understand that a paragraph is not required in the post you quoted?:rolleyes:

Why do people persist in posting their biased ideas with so little foundation?

I have no idea why supporters of all parties persist in posting their biased ideas with no foundation.

They dont like the Lib Dems.

Seem like they're "in tune" with the general consensus of opinion.

Slagging off someone is different to actually quoting what was said to him.

I suppose it's OK for a GlibDim candidate who has lost his deposit to slag off the entire population of a city; simply because he was unable to garner enough support to even keep his deposit?

Do you not understand that a paragraph is not required in the post you quoted?:rolleyes:

I have no idea why supporters of all parties persist in posting their biased ideas with no foundation.

Seem like they're "in tune" with the general consensus of opinion.

I suppose it's OK for a GlibDim candidate who has lost his deposit to slag off the entire population of a city; simply because he was unable to garner enough support to even keep his deposit?

As I have said he didn't slag any one off. See my previous posts

Archived