Help need car passenger door wont open

Hi there

Wondered if anyone could help my passenger door is locked and unlocked with central locking, it doesnt have its own door lock. The drivers door is operating ok with the key or if opened manually but the passenger door wont unlock on the key fob or manually, if I need to get in or out of the passenger door I have to climb over the drivers seat. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong or know anyone who fixes this sort of thing. Thanks

Suspect a linkage or similar may be 'dislocated' inside. I think once opened the door 'cards' may need to be removed to investigate.

Put the make up, it may create more interest from those who know.

can you hear the lock TRYING to open on that side with the central locking?

Its a BMW Z3

might be the large plug which connects the doors electrical systems to the main loom in the door pillar ,it can be unplugged and a spray with wd40 or similar cleaning spray can somtimes cure it otherwise the motorised locking mechanism may need replacing ....not cheap! getting in the door aint easy when locked also as the door card needs removing...hope this helps

Archived