Toyota rav4 or hyundai santa fe

Rav 4 every time, I had 2 mk1 and I now have a 5 door mk2, never had any problems with any and from a safety I had a accident in one of the mk1 and only damage was a broken indicator bulb and a small crack in the bumper.. Hold their money really well too.. Hope this helps.

Also with Toyota, they don't like their good name tarnishing, I was speaking to a garage who had a 04 reg with a major component failure, the car had full service history and Toyota replaced the part on goodwill, I've heard this before too with Toyota.

Toyota's have a good reputation for reliability, but then again, the reputation of Hyundai has improved considerably over the past some years.

Hyundai are now offering a lifetime warranty, so they certainly have faith in their products.

I test drove a RAV-4 last year (the one with the 3.5 litre petrol engine) and although it drove well, the throttle was very sensitive and I found that it tended to pitch up and down (rock forwards and backwards) - perhaps due to the comparatively short wheelbase.

My wife (and it was going to be her car anyway) decided she liked the Volvo XC-60 better, so we ended up with one of those.

I'm very impressed with it. (As was Jeremy Clarkson - one of the few SUVs he seemed to like: 'It performs like a car - but you can get a car for considerably less' :hihi:)

Archived