Queue for self service tills

Please can supermarkets introduce some sort of clear queueing system for self service tills. I hate hanging around in a giant group of strangers trying to decide if everyone is waiting to use the till or not. And there is never any space to actually form a queue.

I dont get point of them as there is always a member of staff on them so its not really doing the job that they were put in for. Which is to cut the amount of people on tills and to quicken things up. Plus something always goes wrong with them so heres an idea, get rid of the stupid self service tills and bring back all tills where staff opperate them.

I dont get point of them as there is always a member of staff on them so its not really doing the job that they were put in for. Which is to cut the amount of people on tills and to quicken things up. Plus something always goes wrong with them so heres an idea, get rid of the stupid self service tills and bring back all tills where staff opperate them.

It's one member of staff for 6 or more tills though, so it seems to be achieving it's purpose.

Tesco have one. There's one queue for all the self service tills.

Sounds horrendous, just like queueing system they have done in the supermarket at the top of St Paul's Gardens. One queue for all service tills ... lined of course with impulse buys. I refuse to go in there point blank.

never use the self service tills at Morrisions at Ecclesfield.

The people who use those self sevice tills clearly have had their brains removed.

1. People scanning 50 plus items through
  2. People not putting the items in the bag

If you don't believe me, run the gauntlet yourself - give yourself a hour though

I hate the fact if I want to buy booze, or any sort of medicine, I have to wait for an assistant to come along and verify my age. I've stood there so long waiting a couple of times that I just got fed up and walked off.

Archived