I just can't get over my miscarriage..please advise/help

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and your subsequent feelings of despair. What you describe is very natural. My partner felt exactly the same, right up until the birth of our last child. She now feels that it was because circumstances weren't right for us, and as things have worked out, we are now happier than we could have ever imagined. Have faith. Things will work out for you. It's marvellous that you can actually now recognise that you are slipping downwards into a deeper state of depression, and are seeking help - that shows that you're now more in tune with your body and mind and you're winning already in the battle against it. Keep the faith. x

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very sorry for your loss and can understand how you feel. Contrary to what you might think is best - trying for another baby, maybe you should get yourself in a more positive frame of mind before putting yourself through pregnancy again.

When you're a mum (and especially a first time mum), and your baby is crying all the time and you're feeding him/her all the time and changing nappies on no sleep whilst you and your partner argue, it makes you feel much lower. As a mum for the first time, you feel very isolated and like no one understands you unless you're someone who doesn't take too much responsibility on and you have overwhelming support.

I just don't want you to think that a baby solves problems, it may do after birth when you're feeling excited but trust me, it's very easy to feel negative very quickly.

I hope you find a way of overcoming your depression and helping yourself first.

x x x x x

7 years on the pain doesn't get any easier, trust me. But they say time is a great healer and it certainly is. However you have to take time to grieve, for yourself, the baby you lost and the piece of you a miscarriage takes away from you.

Take time to take care of yourself - the councelling will help, and the fact that you recognise when you are dropping into one of your "dark times" means that it will be easier to pull yourself out of it.

The "loving" time will get easier, but don't put any pressure on yourself.

Another pregnancy won't heal the pain you feel, but the eventual arrival of a baby will maybe make you realise that nature does what it has to do. And this baby won't be a replacement for the baby you lost, but it might help you understand and hopefully find some peace within yourself.

Hope this helps.

Archived