Do you think Prince Andrew has done a lot of good for Britain?

I think the Tories are out saying how good a job he is doing, because the rest of the world is wondering what his pedophile links are?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364248/Prince-Andrew-worried-Jeffrey-Epstein-sex-abuse-case-lose-envoy-role.html

And what is he doing with a 17 year old prostitute in this picture....

http://www.indyinasia.com/2011/03/britain%E2%80%99s-prince-andrew-associated-with-elite-pedophile-ring-catering-to-royalty-politicians-and-businessmen/

Well, certain Labour MPs have latched on to that.

Pure hypocrisy.

They didn't make much fuss about Jack Straw, did they?

The point isn't about Jack Straw (or even his paedophile brother) but rather that certain MPs seem to have leapt on the bandwagon and are quite willing to castigate Prince Andrew for knowing (and spending time with) somebody who was convicted of soliciting sex with an under-age girl, yet conveniently ignore that the (at that time) Labour Home Secretary had a brother who was convicted of paedophilia.

Did Prince Andrew deny that he knew the man? - Not as far as I'm aware.

Is who he knows relevant? Again, not as far as I'm aware.

What effect did knowing a paedophile have on Prince Adnrew's job?

Did it have more of an adverse effect than Jack Straw's relationship to his brother had on him doing his job?

Probably not. Nor do I think that the fact that Jack Straw's brother is a convicted paedophile should have disbarred him from being Home Secretary.

The point isn't about Jack Straw (or even his paedophile brother) but rather that certain MPs seem to have leapt on the bandwagon and are quite willing to castigate Prince Andrew for knowing (and spending time with) somebody who was convicted of soliciting sex with an under-age girl, yet conveniently ignore that the (at that time) Labour Home Secretary had a brother who was convicted of paedophilia.

Did Prince Andrew deny that he knew the man? - Not as far as I'm aware.

Is who he knows relevant? Again, not as far as I'm aware.

What effect did knowing a paedophile have on Prince Adnrew's job?

Did it have more of an adverse effect than Jack Straw's relationship to his brother had on him doing his job?

Probably not. Nor do I think that the fact that Jack Straw's brother is a convicted paedophile should have disbarred him from being Home Secretary.

According to the Sunday Times there is more to it than that - they saw each other socially and Epstein also introduced women to him and vice versa. One of Epsteins alleged victims said she was introduced to Andrew and went dancing with him in nightclubs.

You can't avoid being someones brother but you can avoid being someones mate and wingman.

When you are a representative for Queen and Country do you not have a duty to behave in a morally correct way? That might be a matter for opinion but I know how I feel about it.

Since when did 'guilt by association' become a tenet of English law?

He saw somebody 'socially' so he's guilty of a criminal offence? 'Seeing somebody socially' makes him guilty of immoral behaviour?

Do you have some evidence that Prince Andrew engaged in immoral/illegal conduct? - If so, why don't you take that evidence to the Police/CPS?

'Prince Andrew [allegedly] danced with somebody under the age of 18' (remember under 18 - not under 16 - counts as a minor in the US.)

Wow!

He should be banned from doing anything!

Where in my post did I write that what he did was illegal or that he should be banned from anything?

The question in the title is

Do you think Prince Andrew has done a lot of good for Britain?

I would not dream of saying he should be prosecuted for anything. Whether he is the best person to be paraded around as representing British interests is another thing.

Archived