Most Economical Car I could get under 5k

Ideas? just want to get a few ideas going as i'm looking to get a smarter car for work and sick of paying crazy prices and pulling up in my Daewoo Lanos :hihi:

Don't have a love for cars like some do, so as long as it runs and looks ok then i'm happy, really i'd not want to go over 3k, but can push it if I think something is really worth the extra.

The 1.5 diesel Renault use (or at least in cars a few years old) is very economical. You can get the old shape Megane or current Clio (1.5 dci models) for your budget.

I've been considering one as an alternative to a newer "eco" model. The new fiesta econetic for example will get more MPG than the Renaults but you will have to pay a lot more for it so you don't ever see a saving.

The 1.5 diesel Renault use (or at least in cars a few years old) is very economical. You can get the old shape Megane or current Clio (1.5 dci models) for your budget.

I've been considering one as an alternative to a newer "eco" model. The new fiesta econetic for example will get more MPG than the Renaults but you will have to pay a lot more for it so you don't ever see a saving.

I have a 1.5 diesel Clio and its brilliant. more than 65 mpg.

i travel to Buxton and back every day for work and I did a lot of research on what would be most economical. Its also only £35 per YEAR road tax. :)

I have a 1.5 diesel Clio and its brilliant. more than 65 mpg.

i travel to Buxton and back every day for work and I did a lot of research on what would be most economical. Its also only £35 per YEAR road tax. :)

fiesta 1.4 tdci mk6 £30 a year tax 65mpg and ultra reliable not much street cred but who cares id never have anything else now

Thanks for the responses, i'll look into them

most obviously seem the same style of car.... I know it'd be less economical but would there be a good 5 door choice? just thinking of a more business style car for meetings.:cool:

Thanks for the responses, i'll look into them

most obviously seem the same style of car.... I know it'd be less economical but would there be a good 5 door choice? just thinking of a more business style car for meetings.:cool:

Insignia, My OH's mum has one. She gets to birmingham and back on 17 quid.. 2L.. 6 speed gear box, And god.. There sexy cars.

Edit: Woops, Sorry. Forgot about the 5k bit. Sorry >.<

My car runs on LPG and is really cheap to run. 70p a litre at the pumps.

It also gets me free city centre parking as it runs on LPG. It's an estate car, but because it runs on LPG, it's as economical to drive as a small car.

My car is for sale, if this appeals to anyone, drop me a line.

Archived