Shuffle presents John Dahlback + Tom Staar // Sat 19th March // Plug

Plug

Shuffle presents John Dahlback + Tom Staar

Tickets £5

http://www.the-plug.com/events-and-tickets/shuffle/shuffle-presents-john-dahlback

http://www.johndahlback.com/

http://www.myspace.com/johndahlback

There is no doubt that Sweden is a hotbed of house music talent. The land of tall, leggy blondes sweating in saunas and enviable healthcare has been turning out some of the world’s most innovative producers for a number of years now, and it is with pleasure that we present the latest addition to this geographical phenomenon. John Dahlback’s superlative-ridden but undeniably true summary is enough to make you sick; clever, musically sophisticated, innovative, young…shall we go on?....

John Dahlback is big news; at just 24 he is already a seasoned producer who’s achievements include two albums under his belt, his own record label Pikadoll, numerous heavy productions and an enviable international touring history. As a producer he is constantly evolving his sound, more interested in the development of his music than promoting the lifestyle of an over hyped DJ. ....

His philosophy behind what he does is honest and refreshingly simple. “I’m quite calm when I DJ. I don’t want to be ‘showy’… I love to play for dancing people, to really see them loving the tunes. And I love to make the tunes that get them dancing…”....

From the head pounding electro fests of ‘Blink’ and ‘Everywhere’ (both of which have received millions of YouTube views) through the building, progressive nature of ‘Hustle Up’ to his absurdly hooky latest single ‘Bingo’, it’s a carefully considered, meticulously polished album of unparalleled finesse.....

Tom Staar is fast becoming one of the UK’s most gazed upon producers. Working behind the scenes, Tom honed his skills as a Studio Engineer, working with some of dance musics most prolific names over a number of years. Now, as the moons align, Tom is finally ready to defend our humble dancefloors with an interstellar spectrum of sonic ammunition.

With two EP’s on Moda Music and remixes for Fenech Soler, Human Life & We Have Band already under his utility-belt, his credentials have seen him take-off all over the world, playing everything from 500 capacity club nights to 20,000 capacity festivals!

Tom’s own productions heading into orbit- there’s never been a more exciting time to watch the stars.

Live - It’s FLOORFILLERS bringing its Saturday night magic into the Shuffle for more weekend escapism.

Ollie Hayes (Hallam FM) and LJ Freeman needs no introduction - at Shuffle they will be dropping the biggest dance anthems selected from the best years of your life, mashed up to the bangers of now:

Tinie Tempah meets Rhianna, Katy B rubs up to Jessie J, whilst Cee Lo Green breaks down into Black Eyed Peas, Taio Cruz, Guru Josh and Faithless

Earth - In earth we have the rapidly expanding RnB sessions with Tom Lee & Lee Da Truth Smith, expect everything from the old school vibes of Black Street and R Kelly to modern day grooves from Labyrinth to Gyptian to Nicki Minaj

Archived