Are we forcing the banks out of the UK as HSBC considers moving overseas?

All private banks in this country should have their UK based finances seized by the state. The banks numerous properties should be put to proper use as community and social welfare centre's to benefit the disadvantaged and the vulnerable. The CEO's and director's of all private banks should be imprisoned for their crimes against society. Only then will justice be done.

HSBC had headquarters in Hong Kong before Hong Kong was "returned" to China. Although they have always had "head office" buildings in London the actual Head Office moved out of Hong Kong to the Head Office at Canary Wharf when Hong Kong was no longer under "British" rule. So I cannot believe that they would return the Head Office back to Hong Kong especially with it being part of China.

The British state should send a clear message to all global capitalist private banks operating in the UK that their behaviour will no longer be tolerated. The banks are directly responsible for the credit crunch and the worldwide recession. How many have suffered because of the banks insatiable greed? How many lives have been ruined?

I'm in favour of setting up a credit crunch tribunal, to investigate the banks financial crimes and to prosecute the economic criminals responsible. Long jail sentences are the only effective deterrent against such events ever happening again.

HSBC had headquarters in Hong Kong before Hong Kong was "returned" to China. Although they have always had "head office" buildings in London the actual Head Office moved out of Hong Kong to the Head Office at Canary Wharf when Hong Kong was no longer under "British" rule. So I cannot believe that they would return the Head Office back to Hong Kong especially with it being part of China.

HSBC was based in Hong Kong until it aquired Midland Bank in the UK. Part of that agreement was to move the HQ to London. As they have expanded by buying out major banks around the world there is little to stop them moving to any country where their business is appreciated. There is nothing at all to stop them moving to China. The Chinese are bending over backwards to take western companies on board. Volkswagen now make as many cars in China than they do in Germany.

The leading bankers, directly responsible for the economic downturn, have yet to be punished for their crimes. Economic criminals MUST pay for their crimes, the same as ordinary criminals.

The majority of economic criminals are repeat offenders, and continue taking huge risks to maximise profit for the benefit of the few, at the expense of the many. They continue to reward such behaviour with huge bonuses. They have not learned any lessons from the worldwide collapse which they themselves caused.

I'm in favour of setting up a credit crunch tribunal, to investigate the banks financial crimes and to prosecute the economic criminals responsible. Long jail sentences are the only effective deterrent against such events ever happening again.

Which laws do you think have been broken?

I'm not stupid enough to hope they leave:loopy:

but I do think HSBC are trying to threaten us. I am going to close my hsbc account. They have already lost my credit card!

Any recommendations for nice banks? I was thinking of looking into the co-op

Archived