Car boot disaster

would you Ever buy eletrical items such as televisions etc from a car boot sale?

my friend was passing a car boot sale and came across a 42 inch wharfedale lcd tv all neatly packaged for £200 he promptly snapped it up without taking the vendors fone num or car reg or anything,when he got it home it was dead,i opened it up and every cable including the power supply one was cut or disconnected it was a mess.

This was a big scam and his wife went berserk as he had only gone to shop for few items.

has anyone else had any carboot disasters of this magnitude?

Tell your mate if he's interested, I've got a 50 inch Sony Plasma for sale, although the volume button doesn't work.

I only want £100 for it, but at that price, he can't turn it down.

thers not many people take £200 to a car boot sale, £10/£20 but £200, phew ???????????
I went with £300 this morning to Marsh Lane, paid a £1 for entry for the two of us and came back with £299, a result I think, so in effect paid a quid for just a walk around looking at other folk's rubbish:)

Archived