Buying a new car..

come on then guys - I've asked for your kind advice in the past and it paid off so now i'm asking again....

My fiancee is prgnant :D - So I'm going to be upgrading my car as we already have a little girl. I'm going to be looking for something which has the following....

5 Doors!

Spacious enough for 4 people - Doesn't have to be as big as a Vectra/Mondeo

Economic - I drive on average around 250 miles per week so want something that would give me around 40MPG+

Comfortable and Smooth - The roads in Sheffield are awful and I don't want to be reminded with a rocky ride every time i drove over a crack or small hole.

Safe - I want something that isn't going to break every other week. something strong and reliable

Finally I'm only 21 and will spend a lot of time on my own in the car (to and from work) and i want something that looks good! - So no people carriers (no offence to anyone that drives one but I'm not very fond!

I'm looking to spend around £4000-£5000

Now come on guys......DISCUSS!!!

Thanks in advance....Rikki

So you want something of the size of an Astra/A3/Golf/306 and so on.

Efficiency would probably imply a diesel since it won't be new/nearly new (modern petrols can be very efficient).

Without hitting autotrader I don't know if the price is right, but the requirement for reasonable looks and solidity imply A3 or Golf to me, 1.9TD or maybe even a larger TD if they do them,

Thanks for the response, Cyclone

I have been looking at A3's and Golf's - And would be able to possibly get a decent one for £5k so they are definately an option for me - Just thought I'd check see if there are any other suggestions - Lets see what the majority go for :)

I'd go for the focus as well, there are some great examples out there for the price you're looking to buy at and they are reliable.

Personally if I was feeling brave though I'd get a Daihatsu YRV 1.3 turbo which would get you everywhere quicker, only insurance group 8, 0-60 in 8 seconds and you still get 40 to the gallon ;)

YRV Turbo here: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201049375134183/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/model/yrv/make/daihatsu/page/1?logcode=p

Go on, you know you want to :hihi:

Archived