Romania knocks Rotherham off the top of the leader board!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363699/Rifca-Stanescu-Gypsy-wife-worlds-youngest-grandmother-23.html

A gypsy wife has become the world's youngest grandmother - aged just 23.

Rifca Stanescu, from the village of Investi, Romania, told how she gave birth to her daughter, Maria, while only 13.

The youngest British grandmother was an unnamed 26-year-old from Rotheram, Yorkshire whose 12-year-old daughter gave birth in 1999.

Romania 1

Rotherham 0

Just as a matter of interest and flying off on a tangent [sorry, Chemist !], I wonder who is the champion oldest ' new granny ' ?

I mean, these days, we read of women of 45 having babies. Now if someone 's ' baby ' reaches the grand old age of 45 herself and then has her first child, her dear old mother would become a ' new ' granny at the age of 90. I suppose it would, sadly, be a case of ' Hello Granny. Goodbye Granny '.......but the old biddy might have a few years of dangling her grandchild on her bony old knees ?

We might also see more interesting ' glamorous granny ' competitions. " In the red corner is Cristy Jezebel Berk, aged 33, a grandmother who just loves Rap music and mud wrestling. In the blue corner we have Eliza Donkeystone, aged 97 who loves sitting and looking out of the window. Place your bets !! "

If she is 23 and she gave birth to her daughter at 13, that means that it's impossible to become grandmother. Her daughter would have 10 years and I don't think that she could give birth at that age. ;)

Obviously you have not read the link,it states she gave birth at 11

Archived