Barclays bank pay bonus

Guest sibon
Midland bank (now HSBC) have been paying yearly bonuses to their staff for at least 20yrs.

I have a rug on my living room floor paid for from one such bonus.

It was paid in cash.

well its official the bank period of remorse is over. the chief exec has now taken just a £6.5m bonus this year. :loopy:

its cool being part of this big society, i am of course assuming he will be sharing it round , maybe putting some into pension funds for us all, seeing as we all bailed him out with our taxes. :hihi:

Why should he feel any remorse? - His bank didn't take any of the bailout money. His bank never got into any difficulties.

I don't know what he does which makes his employers so happy to pay him megabucks, but presumably he is very good indeed at whatever it is he does do.

(If I was his boss and if he was anything less than amazingly exceptional, he wouldn't get the money. I doubt his bosses are fools, so presumably he really IS that good.)

Guest sibon
Cash in hand? Did you declare your bonus to the Infernal Retinue?

The rug isn't (by any chance) a Nain Persian?

No. A cash bonus from the Midland bank. Added to a December paycheck. £730 since you ask. Small beer thse days:D

I do have a lovely Persian Carpet though... Do you collect them?

£24m is going some then! no wonder he was keen to signal the end of the whole banking saga when he appeared in front of mps recently!

Think it was something like 6.5m bonus plus 2.25m shares plus .25m salary plus he cashed in 15.2m of the shares he had received in past years.

No. A cash bonus from the Midland bank. Added to a December paycheck. £730 since you ask. Small beer thse days:D

I do have a lovely Persian Carpet though... Do you collect them?

I wish! - I'll stick to aircraft with conventional flying surfaces, thanks.:hihi:

(If you've got a carpet you'd like to sell [and there's no market locally] you might try this site.)

(Or try their classifieds - You'll need a username, though.)

I watched a Sheffield Wednesday side on Saturday. The lowest paid of them gets paid five times my annual salary. That is really crazy:D

Some bankers get too much money. Some bonuses are too big. But there are other equally odd injustices.

I also get paid many hundreds of times as much as a dollar a day kid in a Chinese trainer factory. That is equally wrong. We have a lot to do to put all of these things right.

I've got a sneaky feeling that a global realignment is on the way though.

I agree. Life isn't fair, and we have to try and make the best of it. We can spend a lot of time feeling bitter that some are making vast amounts of money, or consider that if they didn't, our national coffers would be much lighter. Even the really wealthy fooballers put money into the economy, for instance they give the building trade plenty of work building their faux mansions. :roll:http://www.primelocation.com/articles/celebrity-footballers-mansions/

well its official the bank period of remorse is over. the chief exec has now taken just a £6.5m bonus this year. :loopy:

its cool being part of this big society, i am of course assuming he will be sharing it round , maybe putting some into pension funds for us all, seeing as we all bailed him out with our taxes. :hihi:

In terms of the skills involved, and the revenue they generate for their employer, you could argue the likes of Bob Diamond and other bankers get a raw deal, when you consider individual footballers like Wayne Rooney earn £13,000,000 per annum.

The executives did rather better than the shareholders.

Both made money though and the shareholders could influence the bonuses if they wished.

Choose your angle.

I believe there is also the option of selling shares if you don't like how a company operates.

Archived