Smoking In Public? Is It A Heath Risk? Or Hype?

I was walking down the street the other day and heard some idiot telling his mates he wasn't addicted he just really enjoyed smoking:hihi::loopy: What a stupid boy. I was almost caught out by involuntary laughing out loud. I mean can he actually be that stupid. "Yeah I love spending loads of money making myself smell and making my teeth/fingers yellow whilst inhaling poisons-yummy!"

At least admit you are addicted!

All smokers live in denile, my wife is a radiographa and she sees smoking related illness every day, they come to the hospital when they get a cough that dos not go they say can you see any thing ? she knows that most off them wont last till the end of the year ,she cant say any thing its up to the doctors to tell them what's wrong, sometimes when I go to pick her up from the hospital you can see them stood there in the rain outside the gates huggling together clouds of smoke around them some in there dressing gowns god knows what the doctors must think, something what really up sets me is when you see a young girl smoking they think its big but its not its a dirty stinking habit that will kill you or make you ill its a fact!

Friend of my mother is suffering from Emphysema, been told by doctors that it's directly linked to years of smoking. She has now stopped.

Current situation is shortness of breath when walking, this will inevitably lead to shortness of breath when standing still, until constant oxygen mask is required to live.

The only cure is a lung transplant.

Still i guess you pays your money, you takes your chance.

Friend of my mother is suffering from Emphysema, been told by doctors that it's directly linked to years of smoking. She has now stopped.

Current situation is shortness of breath when walking, this will inevitably lead to shortness of breath when standing still, until constant oxygen mask is required to live.

The only cure is a lung transplant.

Still i guess you pays your money, you takes your chance.

my mum died from this terrible disease......caused by smoking

unfortunately it didnt stop her smoking ....

the last couple of years of her life were just constant hospital admissions with breathing problems

until eventually her lungs were so knackered she couldnt take anymore

she was 66...no age really

missed out on seeing her grandkids and great grandkids growing up :(

I would never say to someone stop smoking..its their choice

my mum choose the cigs.....and paid with her life

my mum died from this terrible disease......caused by smoking

unfortunately it didnt stop her smoking ....

the last couple of years of her life were just constant hospital admissions with breathing problems

until eventually her lungs were so knackered she couldnt take anymore

she was 66...no age really

missed out on seeing her grandkids and great grandkids growing up :(

I would never say to someone stop smoking..its their choice

my mum choose the cigs.....and paid with her life

That's awful, people only seem to think of lung cancer when someone else says "smoking kills" but there are plenty of other problems caused.

My Uncle has Emphysema as well and it definitely stopped me ever wanting to smoke again.

That's awful, people only seem to think of lung cancer when someone else says "smoking kills" but there are plenty of other problems caused.

My Uncle has Emphysema as well and it definitely stopped me ever wanting to smoke again.

I think that might be the reason I think it's so stupid. I have never heard my nans voice because she had an op for Emphysema and has a hole in her throat and she was one of the very lucky ones!

I have to say though I don't care in the slightest if people I don't know smoke. I think they pay for their own medical care through the expensive cigs. I will never think inflicting it on anyone else is acceptable though. One of the few laws I am really happy with, although it's annoying that when the summer comes all the smokers will take up the beer gardens and yet again we will have to enjoy meals with a side order of ming!

Bring on a total ban in public!

Can you see anywhere on my posts where I have said that Roy Castle was anything but an exception??

No.. If you read it properly it was something I said. :P

The point is not that he was in smoke filled rooms but he took the smoke deep into his lungs, something the average passive smoker does not do.

I was walking down the street the other day and heard some idiot telling his mates he wasn't addicted he just really enjoyed smoking:hihi::loopy: What a stupid boy. I was almost caught out by involuntary laughing out loud. I mean can he actually be that stupid. "Yeah I love spending loads of money making myself smell and making my teeth/fingers yellow whilst inhaling poisons-yummy!"

At least admit you are addicted!

Who are you? This persons concious?

I have a friend who lives in London who only smokes when he comes home to sheffield for a visit. He has always said he isn't addicted. He only smokes about 40 the whole year.

Who are you? This persons concious?

I have a friend who lives in London who only smokes when he comes home to sheffield for a visit. He has always said he isn't addicted. He only smokes about 40 the whole year.

One of my friends smokes only when she's away from family, so she'll smoke about 8 months of the year but not the other 4 and has no problem during those 4.

It's strange how the addiction seems to affect different people in different ways.

Archived