Skoda Fabia 1.2 help changing brake pads.

Hi, I usually change the front brake pads on my own cars.

After buying a 2004 Skoda Hatchback last week, I bought some new pads and decided to set about changing them.

I came across a problem that I can't get the caliper off.

It is marked with "FS - III"

There is some resistance when I try and take it off, I understand from doing some 'net research that I have to get caliper at the right angle to slide out?

any advice mechanics?

Hi, I usually change the front brake pads on my own cars.

After buying a 2004 Skoda Hatchback last week, I bought some new pads and decided to set about changing them.

I came across a problem that I can't get the caliper off.

It is marked with "FS - III"

There is some resistance when I try and take it off, I understand from doing some 'net research that I have to get caliper at the right angle to slide out?

any advice mechanics?

hi there may be a lip on the disc.so you will have to prize back the piston a little to remove the caliper

If i remember correctly the Fabias have wind-back rear brake calipers, which means you probably won't be able to push them back very far. If you can't push them back far enough to move past the disc lip, try and turn the caliper piston with a screwdriver, levering against the gap edge on the caliper. Once the caliper is off the piston will need to be wound back the whole way.

If all else fails, we have the correct equipment. We can't loan it out but if you need to bring the car down we can sort it.

http://www.G-Tech.yolasite.com

Archived