2011 census form - all discussion here please

Weren't Mary and Joseph on their way to complete a Census when JC popped out?

That is one of the parts that is completely made up actually. There was no census at the time of Jesus' birth and even if there was the idea that all the people would have to travel to the city of their birth is ridiculous.

Most historians date the birth of Jesus to about 10 years before this time. It is an example of where the bible is self contradictory, because on this matter the gospel of luke cannot be reconciled with the gospel of Matthew.

if you have nothing to hide.............you have nothing to fear, what's wrong with you people..........:loopy:

if you have some evidence that I've done something wrong then then make your case and prove it under due process

I do not have to prove my innocence, you have to prove my guilt

I do not have to allow speculative fishing expeditions trawling for evidence of wrongdoing that you think might exist because you want to treat everyone as a suspect

using the phrase "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" as a stick to beat people into submission, so they will meekly acquiesce to your demand that they put their life on hold indefinitely while you rummage through their personal details demanding instant and full explanations to your satisfaction of the tiniest detail, is not allowed

if you want to make accusations by saying "nothing to hide, nothing to fear", and make no mistake it is an accusation, then you'd better have some evidence that will stand up in court to back it up

"Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" comes under the heading of malicious prosecution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malicious_prosecution)

its elements include (1) intentionally (and maliciously) instituting and pursuing (or causing to be instituted or pursued) a legal action (civil or criminal) that is (2) brought without probable cause

so I suggest you be careful who you say that particular phrase to

Could someone give me a real example of something bad that could happen to me after I complete my cencus form in full?

Nothing I suppose if you feel happy revealing all. Do you trust your information with strangers? Do you trust your government?

Personally the only person I trust is me, that's why my form went in the bin this morning, along with the other Domino's Pizza nonsense.

I really don't think family trees are as important as protecting my data. I always try to keep everything to myself, what I don't like about this is that the government are demanding it with menaces. I am against that on principle!

I do not doubt they will then lose/sell the data and I will start getting calls selling me stuff and junk mail etc! Hopefully nothing worse but who knows!

Paranoid and proud!

So you included a phone number?

Why are people so paranoid? It's absolutely mental, they don't bother looking at what the data is used for they just make idiotic claims that it's going to mean people will be stealing their details.

So you included a phone number?

Why are people so paranoid? It's absolutely mental, they don't bother looking at what the data is used for they just make idiotic claims that it's going to mean people will be stealing their details.

I think it's idiotic to assume the government can store data safely!

People are "paranoid" because of things that have happened in the past.

Nothing I suppose if you feel happy revealing all. Do you trust your information with strangers? Do you trust your government?

Personally the only person I trust is me, that's why my form went in the bin this morning, along with the other Domino's Pizza nonsense.

So do you normally just accept the fine?

Archived