2011 census form - all discussion here please

I think it's idiotic to assume the government can store data safely!

People are "paranoid" because of things that have happened in the past.

But what exactly is on there that anyone could use against you, or that would cause you any great embarassment if it came out? It's not like your medical records, is it?

I think it's idiotic to assume the government can store data safely!

People are "paranoid" because of things that have happened in the past.

Although I'd be annoyed if it got lost, I don't think someone knowing my race and gender would do me that much harm.

I assume you don't complain about shortages in government services then?

For gods sake if you want to fill it in then do so. Personally I don't give a hoot if you do or not. You on the other hand seem suspiciously interested in those, or me that don't.

For gods sake if you want to fill it in then do so. Personally I don't give a hoot if you do or not. You on the other hand see suspiciously interested in those, or me that don't.

I'm just sick of the amount of people constantly bitching about the lack of service received/how rubbish the government is then decide they wont fill in a form which is designed to gather data to allocate these services more efficiently.

I assume you don't complain about shortages in government services then?

I generally don't complain about most things unless it's some nosey individual or government body prying into my personal affairs.

I'm just sick of the amount of people constantly bitching about the lack of service received/how rubbish the government is then decide they wont fill in a form which is designed to gather data to allocate these services more efficiently.

So all the services are performing adequately after the last census are they? and the one before it, and the one before that?

I generally don't complain about most things unless it's some nosey individual or government body prying into my personal affairs.

If you're happy to pay the fine and don't give a crap about the things the information is used for then it's fair enough I suppose.

If you're happy to pay the fine and don't give a crap about the things the information is used for then it's fair enough I suppose.

Personally I think for you it's more about the fine. Rather than pay a fine you'd fill it in.

It isn't about what's right or wrong, it's about what's right or wrong for me. I don't want the likes of you or any statistical buffoon knocking on my door filling in stupid forms. I have a life and I wish to get on with it. I want the freedom to chose, not have it chosen for me through 'fine' tactics.

Archived