2011 census form - all discussion here please

OMG they're not even asking for anything that interesting - they just want to know who lives where, who cares for someone, who is in education, who works - it's not exactly identity theft lol!

How on earth do you expect them to plan budgets for housing, health and education without knowing who is where, how old they are and what their needs might be? It's not offensive or intrusive to ask your religion if, for instance, you're in charge of planning funding for faith schools.

Just fill the flipping thing in. Or if you choose not to be part of it, then never ever access any public services, the funding for which has been worked out on you not existing!

But that doesn't make any sense, what does the concept of census taking have to do with Nazi Germany?

The modern British census predates the Nazis by over 100 years.

They found out who to round up & put into concentration camps from their census data.

And the orginal by over 800.

It's not Nazi Germany that should be worrying him, it's Doomsday Britain.

:hihi:

"Bloody Normans," said the Anglo Saxon peasant, "Wanting to know how many sheep and cows I have. It's like living in Normandy..."

I went through the Census today. There is absolutely nothing in that would cause me to bat an eyelid at telling someone if the circumstances required it. I had to reveal more personal information to get a mortgage or an insurance policy than I did in that Census. Sheesh.

They found out who to round up & put into concentration camps from their census data.

I guess looking through things like birth records or membership of organisations/religious groups that they didn't like would have been totally beyond their abilities?

My census form arrived today. I thought I'd have a look through it, so put the kettle on to make a cuppa. I'd finished filling it all out before the kettle boiled. All this nonsense about it being complicated is nonsense. Yes, it's 32 pages long, but that's because they supply enough pages for a household of six people.

As a single person there's only six pages to fill out. 10 write-in boxes and 30 tick boxes. I wish the DSS forms were this easy to fill out.

My census form arrived today. I thought I'd have a look through it, so put the kettle on to make a cuppa. I'd finished filling it all out before the kettle boiled. All this nonsense about it being complicated is nonsense. Yes, it's 32 pages long, but that's because they supply enough pages for a household of six people.

As a single person there's only six pages to fill out. 10 write-in boxes and 30 tick boxes. I wish the DSS forms were this easy to fill out.

Thats rather naughty, you arent supposed to fill it in until the 27th March at the earliest!!!!:hihi:

The UK has been conducting the Census since 1801. I'm not sure what peoples problems are with it, it is a great tool for authorities to plan and develop services. There isn't anything in there that is particularly personal.

Archived