2011 census form - all discussion here please

Thank you for that redrobbo.

39 prosecutions seems to me very low. I would have thought the figure to be a lot higher. Or at least, the number of people refusing to fill the census in, to be a lot higher than 39.

Most people will fill it in. A lot of the people who are moaning about it, simply like to moan, they'll take any opportunity.

Then of those who refuse in the first instance, the census collectors will explain it to them as slowly as necessary, some will begin to understand. There will also be those who will get to the stage where they realise how much it will cost them if they don't fill it in, then they will.

It isn't about what's right or wrong, it's about what's right or wrong for me. I don't want the likes of you or any statistical buffoon knocking on my door filling in stupid forms. I have a life and I wish to get on with it. I want the freedom to chose, not have it chosen for me through 'fine' tactics.

Methinks someone has a bit of a problem with authority - bet you don't like teachers, bosses or the police either, do you?

People give away more personal details writing in forums than what you give away in the Census.

As said already no personal info will be released.

Even the Prime Minister under freedom of Information is not allowed to see your personal data entered on the Census.

It's exactly for statistical information only, example:

Supermarkets will use the stats to determine car parking spaces, and/or stocking food for diferent ethnics.

People who may benefit:

a mum with kids may be more interested to know that playparks have been, and can be, funded because the census counts how many children there are locally.

The personal information you write on there anyway is already out there in the domain, whether you're working or on benefits other goverment departments already know you.

Again personal details are not made public for 100 years, that will benefit future relatives doing a family tree.

Some common sense at last.

What is it with question 17??? This question is intentionally left blank go to 18????

They have this explanation on the census website:

We aim to keep the England and Wales questionnaires as consistent as possible. Question 17 is about the Welsh language and is only included on the questionnaire in Wales. This question is not required in both countries, so a space has been left.

:)

They have this explanation on the census website:

We aim to keep the England and Wales questionnaires as consistent as possible. Question 17 is about the Welsh language and is only included on the questionnaire in Wales. This question is not required in both countries, so a space has been left.

:)

Nice one, thanks Grissom.

Think on before you do it, people.

http://www.yourenotajedi.com/

The data gathered is used to inform government policy, and was used by the last government to justify funding of religious community bodies over secular ones.

For example, 2001 census data has been used repeatedly to justify an increase in the number of state maintained faith schools and the increasing level of government money spent on faith organisations.

If I ever get my census form, I'll think about it...

Was there an option for 'no religion' on the last census form? Is that why people put Jedi, to signify that there should be an agnostic/atheist option? Given that Jedi is a fiction creation, surely no-one in government could have thought people were serious about that.

Hmmm.

Archived