2011 census form - all discussion here please

I didn't know about the forthcoming census. Thanks for the warning.

I'll be putting my religion as Jedi again.

2001 called, they want their rebellion back :hihi:

I don't mind filling out the sections that just ask for relatively basic info because it's all available elsewhere anyway. But why should I tell the government how I travel to work - what's it got to do with them??! :roll:

Should there be more public funding towards public transport? Should we be allocating more parking in work areas? Do areas have sufficient funds to pay for road maintainance? Does the passenger figures given by the public transport companies actually reflect the number of people using the services? (the old Central Trains were very guilty of this, just releasing ancient figures when asked about their usage - result, when EMT came into being, all the long trains got given to other operators who had higher usage figures)

Although you can be fined for giving wrong information in the census how would/could they ever know? No one is checking every detail only collecting the data so what can be proven?

As far as religion is concerned, you don't have to answer that question and if you do you can put down anything. Jedi did well in the 2010 census.

Although you can be fined for giving wrong information in the census how would/could they ever know? No one is checking every detail only collecting the data so what can be proven?

Which is, of course, the exact argument to persuade people to be honest. They're only collating data, not checking individual responses, so even if you have something to hide nobody will discover it from your census form. You might as well answer honestly and save the effort of thinking up any lies.

Archived