Botulism from dented can?

My friend has bad food poisoning. Not sure what has caused it but she has eaten tuna out of dented and swollen tin. I've heard this can cause botulism, does anyone know more about botulism? Thanks

Oh boy, why did she do that for? Hope she will be fine.

My friend has bad food poisoning. Not sure what has caused it but she has eaten tuna out of dented and swollen tin. I've heard this can cause botulism, does anyone know more about botulism? Thanks

Dont think the dent in the can would have caused this, but the tin being swollen could have . The can is blown, and this will affect the contents.

if your friend has bad food poisoning then she should seek medical advice sooner rather than later.

some stuff about botulism

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Botulism/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

They must have already sought medical advice to know that they have bad food poisoning as you can't diagnose that yourself :)

you can pretty much tell when you have food poisoning

you might not be able to work out what sort, but you know when you have it.

especially when you have eaten from a dented and swollen can,

Archived