How many pubs have you visited in the past week/month

I'm an expert on student drinking habits. They get front loaded by drinking vodka, which is cheap per unit. Then they go out and drink very little.

Pausing only to shout their names very loudly outside my house and urinate on my car.

You should take down that LibDem poster then.

Guest sibon
You should take down that LibDem poster then.

I've put a big fence up instead. Do you think that will work?

In the past 4 weeks I have visited the following pubs -

The Roos Arms, Roos, East Yorkshire (twice)

The Half Moon, Elloughton, East Yorkshire (twice)

The White Horse, Woolley Moor, Derbyshire (once)

The Crown & Anchor, Kilnsea, East Yorkshire (once)

No offence to you guys, but your all small drinkers...

I try to think I am boycotting the pubs over the smoking ban, you know!

What are your favorite nights? - Karaoke, Quiz, Friday etc...

Depends on company, reason for being out etc. I like quiz nights though. Though traditional pub quizzes seems pointless now with so many smart phones around!

I wonder if students are boycotting pubs in favour of drinking at home then going straight out to clubs these days? I never feel really horribly old in the pub but my friend (late twenties) went to Plug at the weekend. Apparently some wasted youth gave him a big hug and said ''I want to be like you guys in ten years' time.'' :D

ETA That's what you meant by saying they drink at Eurospar, isn't it? Learn to read Jessica.

Not sure boycotting is the right word, but they are doing this [straight out] now. Come 11pm-1130pm, the demand for taxis from home addresses to Corp or Plug etc in the week, is very high. This isn't the same as a few years ago.

Edit, pubs visited in last week 0

I see. My other pub this month was the Broomhill Tavern. I enjoyed that too, so maybe I'm not much of a judge:D

Mine were the Fox and Duck and the Grindstone, with students from undergrad to Phd and postDoc on both occasions, and a few other grown ups ;)

None whatsoever, and in fact can't remember the last time I did go in one. Probably sometime last year for a meal at the Prince of Wales at the top of Carterknowle Rd., but from what I've read about it since the refurbishment I shan't be going back there either.

Archived