Why dont men stop messing with our heads ??

Next time he comes around or phones you tell him that whilst he was off sorting his head out (pleeease) , You were also sorting yours out and then either slam the door/phone on him.

Take him back and you may has well print "door-mat" on your forehead.

Move on. There's always better if you think you deserve better.

Good luck.

:rolleyes: Wonderful advice. So just because he needs time alone that makes him a bad person?

Gender politics is a tried and tested method to undermine fifty percent of the populace at any one time. Make being a “tool” fashionable for men. Then fan the flames of "girl power" and all change places. It's just too easy!!!

Firstly its unfair to label all men because of your experience with this one.

You say you've been together 3 years, thats quite a long time, in fact its around the time that you start to think maybe you should be taking the relationship to the next level. Maybe he wants to move in with you or get engaged or something like that but he needs a little time to consider if its the best thing.

Or maybe he wants out and he wants his freedom to drink copiously and hang out with his single mates and have much less sex and fun.

Only way to find out is to let him go, don't mither him. Don't be needy, don't call, don't listen to what other women say - especially single women. Give him the time he needs and then let him come back and tell you whats going on. If he doesn't come back and tell you then consider that a lucky escape. Better to keep your dignity than humiliate yourself trying to discover a reason that you'll always hate.

:rolleyes: Wonderful advice. So just because he needs time alone that makes him a bad person?

Err! excuse me, but where did I say he was a "bad person".

If someone needs to "be alone" to sort their head out as much as the OP says then he/she shouldn't be in a relationship. It's not fair on the other person. It doesn't make he/she bad, just not relationship material at the present.

Each to their own epiphany, but I wouldn't want a chap who only wanted me when it suited him. I think a bit more highly of myself for that. But not everyone is me.

The OP asked for advice which she has sifted through and then made up her own mind. Mine was just one opinion out of many.

• 2 weeks later...
how come , when things are going ok ur fella suddenly announces ,," he needs time alone to sort his head out ",, whats all that about, ???????

Because not everyone is the same and people handle situations differently.

You haven't said (in your OP which is the only thing I've read as not got time to go through the entire thread) how long you've been together, how old you are etc. However, even though I'm happy (well, the majority of the time) with my relationship and how things are going, there will always be part of me that thinks am I doing the right thing, will I miss the single life etc.

For me, if there wasn't a tiny piece of doubt, then there'd be something wrong. I don't know of anyone who is 100% certain in everything they do and, if they say they are, they're probably lying. Things change, people change, situations change, and it can be difficult for people to handle. But that's because humans are creatures of habit and routine, as I constantly try to point out to my girlfriend.

We all think about things being different, I know my girlfriend wishes some things to do with our relationship were different, and as much as it can be quite painful to hear, I just have to get on with it. The reason being as above - we all think differently and are individuals. I sometimes do and say things that upset her, it's not malicious, it's just 2 different people spending lots of time together.

But if you can sort things out, it will be fine. There are many other threats to your relationship than just your bf thinking.

Archived