Idiots rubbernecking at crash today!!

I drove out of town on my way to the M1 this evening at around 5.45pm via the Parkway. Just reached the Park and Ride and hit a wall of traffic. my first thought was that there must have been an accident, and sure enough over the tops of the cars I could see flashing blue lights.

As I slowly got closer to the scene I was amazed to see that the crash was actually on the opposite cariageway! So why was the traffic backed up on my side of the road? Well I'll tell you, Rubberneckers, that's why!

These nosey pillocks were slowing down just to see what had gone off, and after the crash site the traffic speeded up as if nothing had happened. What is wrong with people?, why do they have to slow down and stare at someones missfortune?

From what I managed to see no-one looked seriously hurt, an elderly lady was been given oxygen probably just to calm her down. Hope they are all ok.:(

I drove out of town on my way to the M1 this evening at around 5.45pm via the Parkway. Just reached the Park and Ride and hit a wall of traffic. my first thought was that there must have been an accident, and sure enough over the tops of the cars I could see flashing blue lights.

As I slowly got closer to the scene I was amazed to see that the crash was actually on the opposite cariageway! So why was the traffic backed up on my side of the road? Well I'll tell you, Rubberneckers, that's why!

These nosey pillocks were slowing down just to see what had gone off, and after the crash site the traffic speeded up as if nothing had happened. What is wrong with people?, why do they have to slow down and stare at someones missfortune?

From what I managed to see no-one looked seriously hurt, an elderly lady was been given oxygen probably just to calm her down. Hope they are all ok.:(

SO it's ok for you to rubberneck, then? :hihi:

What cars were involved?

One think that really got to me was how this sort of ridiculous behaviour can make you late for an important meeting, worse still, burn fuel while getting nowhere fast!

Thankfully I was driving the car that I just use for work, If I had been in my weekend ride I would have been sat there watching the fuel gauge needle go down pretty rapidly!:mad:

Archived