Idiots rubbernecking at crash today!!

I like the continental system of dealing with rubberneckers- they put up a large screen along the central reservation leading upto the accident so even if you looked across you would just see a blue fabric screen.

Everyone knows they will never see anything so just carrys on driving at normal speed.

The police should set up a camera when there's an accident. Anyone caught not looking straight ahead gets an instant £60 fine and three points!

Its a good idea, I just don't see it being practical. Somethings has to be done about these assholes though.

Maybe they were checking to make sure it wasn't someone they knew who had been hurt? God knows I get that sick feeling of dread every time I see an RTA.

Give over ! 99.9% of people that slow down to look are just nosey *****.

I drove out of town on my way to the M1 this evening at around 5.45pm via the Parkway. Just reached the Park and Ride and hit a wall of traffic. my first thought was that there must have been an accident, and sure enough over the tops of the cars I could see flashing blue lights.

As I slowly got closer to the scene I was amazed to see that the crash was actually on the opposite cariageway! So why was the traffic backed up on my side of the road? Well I'll tell you, Rubberneckers, that's why!

These nosey pillocks were slowing down just to see what had gone off, and after the crash site the traffic speeded up as if nothing had happened. What is wrong with people?, why do they have to slow down and stare at someones missfortune?

From what I managed to see no-one looked seriously hurt, an elderly lady was been given oxygen probably just to calm her down. Hope they are all ok.:(

Lets be fair, it does sound as if you were doing a little rubbernecking yourself.

You managed to assess the injuries of those concerned, even to the point of the age/sex and treatment of a particular individual.

Not bad for someone looking straight ahead.

One think that really got to me was how this sort of ridiculous behaviour can make you late for an important meeting, worse still, burn fuel while getting nowhere fast!

Thankfully I was driving the car that I just use for work, If I had been in my weekend ride I would have been sat there watching the fuel gauge needle go down pretty rapidly!:mad:

I was stuck in this and noticed that it was just people nosying too. It took me five minutes longer than usual. I don't think it will have wasted that much petrol to be honest with you as after the accident the traffic was completely fine.

I just saw a car and a van, couldn't even tell you what car it was - you, however, managed to see that there was no-one really hurt and an old lady on oxygen - think you can count yourself in the rubbernecking group there!! :)

It is annoying, but its human nature I'm afraid.

Sorry Snailyboy, didn't see your reply until after mine!! Looks like we were thinking the same!!

Went past it as well.

It was an 03 Fiesta silver 3 door with a scratch on it rear offside wing that went into the back of a 58 reg. Nissan Nivarno, black with 50k miles on the clock . . . .

Ok ,ok only joking....

Only delayed me a few minutes, nothing when I travel in from Lincolnshire 3 days a week.

The hold-up is not initially caused by rubber-necking.

Blue lights flashing ahead (which ever side it's on) causes drivers to slow. Queuing theory kicks in with a bottleneck and people have a peep and, maybe, the bottleneck gets worse.

Archived