Idiots rubbernecking at crash today!!

I never ever look at an accident scene anymore, learnt my lesson when I was about 17.

Travelling over to Ashbourne one evening, bleedin awful night it was, and we came accross a very recent accident no police or ambulance attendance at the time, just a couple of passers by, we had to slow down as it was just a single lane road over the tops, the accident was between a large farm vehicle ( it was dark, but it was big) and a motorbike, I remember my friend opening the window to ask if she could help in anyway, but she was told the police and ambulance were on the way so nothing we could do, but......... to this day I will not forget the sight of the motorcyclists head lying 5 meters down the road from his body.

Needless to say, the night out in Ashbourne was a no go, one drink, and we both decided we just wanted to go home, I alway say just be careful cos you may see something that will stay with you for the rest of your life.

Yeah, you were rubbernecking.

I saw what I saw because I was sat there with nowhere to go because of the nosey drips ahead of me. If I had been the first to drive past the scene I would have maintained my speed and kept my concentration on the road ahead.

I saw what I saw because I was sat there with nowhere to go because of the nosey drips ahead of me. If I had been the first to drive past the scene I would have maintained my speed and kept my concentration on the road ahead.

That's what they all say

Think it might be time to stop digging.

The hold-up is not initially caused by rubber-necking.

Blue lights flashing ahead (which ever side it's on) causes drivers to slow. Queuing theory kicks in with a bottleneck and people have a peep and, maybe, the bottleneck gets worse.

I have to disagree with you I'm afraid. I spend a lot of hours on the motorway for my job and many times have I seen the cars in front of me slow right down while the driver gawps at what has happened on the other carriageway. Nothing to do with the speed of the traffic in front of them. They just don't seem to understand just how much of a knock-on effect it has on all of the traffic behind them.

I was driving down the M1 recently and there was a big hold up. As I got closer to the front of the queue I could see the blue lights and cones up ahead and thought to myself how frustrating it is that people can't just drive past without slowing down. Then as I got to the scene of the accident I saw there was a BMW stuck upside down in a tree on the embankment, so I decided to forgive the idiots in front of me as it really isn't very often you see that.

One think that really got to me was how this sort of ridiculous behaviour can make you late for an important meeting, worse still, burn fuel while getting nowhere fast!

Thankfully I was driving the car that I just use for work, If I had been in my weekend ride I would have been sat there watching the fuel gauge needle go down pretty rapidly!:mad:

Sit's ok to gas guzzle if you're not paying for it?:roll:

Well as soon as I got to the accident the traffic immediately sped up again, so I don't know how you were sat with nowhere to go!!

I drove out of town on my way to the M1 this evening at around 5.45pm via the Parkway. Just reached the Park and Ride and hit a wall of traffic. my first thought was that there must have been an accident, and sure enough over the tops of the cars I could see flashing blue lights.

As I slowly got closer to the scene I was amazed to see that the crash was actually on the opposite cariageway! So why was the traffic backed up on my side of the road? Well I'll tell you, Rubberneckers, that's why!

These nosey pillocks were slowing down just to see what had gone off, and after the crash site the traffic speeded up as if nothing had happened. What is wrong with people?, why do they have to slow down and stare at someones missfortune?

From what I managed to see no-one looked seriously hurt, an elderly lady was been given oxygen probably just to calm her down. Hope they are all ok.:(

Well you was obviously another idiot slowing traffic down taking a look! I was stuck in that traffic and didn't bother to look as it wasn't my place. You are no one to talk really are u?

Archived