Sheffield Anime Club

I have some dark horse manga issues dated back from 1994, not many though. May I ask what you need them for?

The issues are;

Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal - Issues #1 #2 #3

Caravan Kidd Part 3 - Issues #1 #2 #3

Rebel Sword - Issue #1

Dominion Special - Volume 1

Battle Girl Alita

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the interest jepoyic,

But we don't really have any members at all. We had a few replies some time back but the interest has dropped which is disappointing :/

I'm still good for putting little group together though, it's a bit boring being the only person I know who has an interest in the manga or anime. No one to discuss with and what-not.

It's really good to hear that someone else likes the more obscure anime. I know ToraDora was quite popular when it was airing but it didn't seem to get the attention it needed from mainstream audiences. I really liked the anime and still have to read the manga though.

Have you read any more manga recently?

Do you follow any of the currently airing anime?

Whyt Lindow

Another one through the door!

Welcome to the thread Matt.

As I say, I'm good with putting a group together. I've been raring to meet some fans in Sheffield. Keep in touch with me by my email or just keep posting in this thread.

What type of anime/manga are you in to?

What was the last series you watched/read?

Thanks for the welcome Whyt, I'm into a lot of different types of anime I tend to just watch whatever I enjoy. My current favourite anime's are Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online and Naruto. Manga wise my current favourite manga's are Blood Lad, FMA, Bleach, Fairy Tail and Naruto. I have watched a lot more anime too many to list but i would be interested in hearing you're favourites and/or any recommendations.

I'm into the lesser know types so I don't watch anything like Naruto and Fairy Tail. My favourite anime series is Clannad, that'll probably never change. Sword Art Online is also a quality anime, I fell in love with it after reading the light novel.

I'll roll off a few of my favourites just to give you a look in to what I like.

Clannad, Sword Art Online, Toradora, Steins;Gate, Daily lives of Highschool boys, Kanon, AIR, FMA brotherhood and Cowboy Bebop.

I'd recommend the entire list but your bound to have seen a few of them anyway.

I've been watching anime for around 5 years or so now which covers around about 300 series if I remember correctly, roughly 180 of them are on an external HDD. So I have some resources to start some for of group as well.

As for manga, I don't tend to read much all too often, I'm more for light novels from baka-tsuki. But I did read a bit some time back, even went as far as too read 300 chapters of Bleach in a few hours just to see if it was worth watching. I do have a small collection of manga in my cupboard, but most of them are incomplete. :/

Are you a member of any anime forums?

Clannad is one of my top 5 anime's especially after story also loved kanon and AIR and Angel Beats, I've loved most stuff that key has done like i'm currently watching Little Busters which is good so far. The only anime and manga related website i'm part of is myanimelist not really found anymore that peaked my interest.

I have read the Manga for Toradora and was quite happy I did at first because it was just a taster of what was about to come XD I really enjoyed the anime and me and the mrs would want to watch it together again in the future.

I'm into comedy, slice of life(mostly) Josei and Romance if possibru. Comedy falling into the category of slapstick humour like Kill me Baby!, or something mixed with slice of life which hidamari sketch, azumanga daioh and nichojou fall into. If it's Josei I'm willing to try it, After reading and planning on the future to watch usagi drop(currently have all released volumes in europe), I would love it. But seriously.

A guilty pleasure of mine is watching loved up anime. I really love these. Notably Anime and manga like Toradora and Zero No tsukaima. Zero no Tsukaima's story was terrible, but the relationship progression between the two main characters was the spotlight, taking your mind of how misplaced some of the story was XD

That's just a few of what i watch :D I'm not really into that strongly but i am indeed willing to learn, read and watch some more. Currently also collecting manga. On my hit list is completing bamboo blade, 7 billion needles and what a wonderful world.