Sheffield Anime Club

@Matt693

Wow, you don't meet other Key animation fans that often. You have some quality tastes.

I'm also watching Little Busters! at the minute and I haven't been disappointed so far.

I have a myanimelist account although I've never actually posted on the forums since I just use it to catalogue what I've watched. Which I've failed miserably at since the list isn't even half complete.

@jepoyic

ToraDora is an amazing series. I would recommend it for a rewatch as well. Doesn't ever loose it's charm.

If your like your romance type anime then I'd recommend that you have a look at Key animations. They've created Clannad, Kanon and AIR plus a few more. Frankly they are the best romance stories I've watched so far, and I've watched a lot. Plus Clannad is a good one for included humour (The situations are all realistic though). I'd watch it subbed, the English dub takes away some of the spirit which the original voices have.

Usagi drop is a very good one as well, I watched it when it was being aired and oh my, you just couldn't wait for the next weeks episode coming out.

As for comedy, you could take a look at Daily Live of Highschool Boys. It is probably one of the funniest anime I've seen in a very long time

I've got to agree with you that Zero no Tsukamai was a horrible story. The relationship progressions was the only reason I watched all the series.

I'm gonna give you a couple of Josei types but on the whole I haven't really watched many of them and there's so few of them around.

Chihayafuru and Sakamichi no Apollon are good, but you'll have to take a look at them to know if they're what your looking for.

Yeah not seen that many Key fans and i'll agree about ToraDora I enjoyed that series well and agree with the English dub for Clannad I couldn't stand the way the names were pronounced and most voices didn't match the characters.

Edited by Matt693

Anthing with a dub is bad for me >_> I was born in the Philippines and we had axn(japanese dub and english subtitles), another channel that was the prime channel for the Philippines(like bbc) that had fruit's basket, yugi-oh, naruto, zenki and some others dubbed in Tagalog(Filipino language) and it just isn't as appealing :|

Also I'm planning to read Soul Eater! And probably watch the anime if ever too, any good?

I have very little experience of dubs, as soon as I find out it's English voice I find an alternative. Exceptions to the rule are Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop.

I have watched a few episodes of Soul Eater and now I've forgotten where the rest went, I do have the first manga of it as well since I wanted to check it out a while back.

Peeks on in, well why have I not seen this thread before?

I love Anime and Manga. Got a full bookcase of manga, plush (mainly pokemon and digimon on the top) and half a dvd rack of anime.

My Anime List watched is pretty long:

Azumanga Daioh

Cardcaptor Sakura

Chocolate Underground

CLAMP in Wonderland

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch and R2

Deadman Wonderland

Death Note Rewrite

Deltora Quest

Digimon (All 7 seasons including Young Hunters)

Escaflowne

Flint, The Time Detective

Fullmetal Alchemist (Original)

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Hetalia Axis Powers

Lucky Star

Sailor Moon

Sacred Blacksmith

Soul Eater

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Tsubasa Chronicle

xxxHolic

Yu-Gi-Oh! *everything up to ZeXal*

I'll even admit to owning a Digimon website that was once in the UK Digimon comic (site still lives though the comic died heh).

I sometimes go to conventions *Manchester Expo was the last one i went to*

Manga List is much longer than the anime list. Will post it upon request.

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys is probably the most consistently funny series I've watched. I had originally read the manga for Bakuman some time ago, I tried watching the anime series, I could even manga the first season. Not that it wasn't interesting, but the manga was better.

@alisonmanic, Welcome to the thread. You've got some quality series on your list.

How long have you been into anime/manga?

I'd love to see what manga you have in your collection. Maybe you could reel off a few for us?