'Riots likely in uk due to rising food costs'

"I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the general population isn't going to riot just because there is an Etonian in Downing Street sensibly tightening the countries belt and living within our means for a change. "

They might if oil prices continue to rise due to unrest in the middle east.

A 2ltr bottle of milk is £1.50 no longer, it's £1.25

x x x

Its down again to £1 for 4 pints (2.2ltrs) at Lidl and ASDA these days.

But that won't stop the usual dozen (politically motivated to cause trouble on here) kicking off will it? Oh I see they already have.:hihi::hihi:

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the general population isn't going to riot just because there is an Etonian in Downing Street sensibly tightening the countries belt and living within our means for a change.

Folks would save money and have a healthier lifestyle if they bought a few fresh products and spent their time preparing them instead of wasting their time trying to cause political unrest on here and having to order takeaways because they are too busy with online agitation duty..

"Folks would save money and have a healthier lifestyle if they bought a few fresh products and spent their time preparing them instead of wasting their time trying to cause political unrest on here and having to order takeaways because they are too busy with online agitation duty.. "

Your capacity for ill informed assumption is matched only by your strange take on causality.

Besides, food riots, should there be any, and I suspect there will not, would be motivated not by political leaning but biological necessity

Riots likely due to rising food costs? - Or Diets likely due to rising food costs?

The UK has the highest level of obesity in Europe.

Are there many people who are starving?

Obesity is linked to poverty in the UK. I'm sure you know that. It's due to families trying to hold down several craply paid jobs, and not having time or energy or money to cook decent food, when you shove a goodfellas pizza in the oven for 99p, as other posters have said. I have noticed fresh meat and veg and fruit rising sharply, and the quality deteriorating fast. Some people aren't clever enough to look at weights/quality indicators of products, just that it's a pack of meat!

Archived