Ex-Daily Star reporter 'gets hate messages' for telling the truth.

Daily Star reporter Richard Peppiatt has resigned in protest at the paper's anti-Muslim propaganda. Then the reporter starts to get abusive messages from the racists:roll:

Police are investigating a claim that a journalist who resigned from the Daily Star has become the victim of harassment.

Richard Peppiatt resigned in protest at what he alleged was the newspaper's anti-Muslim "hatemongering". His resignation letter, in which he confessed to making up stories during his two years at the tabloid, received widespread attention after it was disseminated via Twitter.

Peppiatt contacted police on Monday after he claimed to have received more than 30 abusive texts, emails and silent calls. He alleges they included warnings such as: "I am going to meet u now, pepps" and "you're nowe a marked man till the day you die – Oh dear". Another said: "we are planning a kiss n' tell on you".

Detectives are reviewing the messages and seeking to establish their origin. Peppiatt told them there is circumstantial evidence that a "likely source" may be connected to the Daily Star newsroom,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/mar/08/ex-daily-star-reporter-hate-messages

"His resignation letter, in which he confessed to making up stories during his two years at the tabloid, received widespread attention after it was disseminated via Twitter."

Newsflash: Journo that made up stories complains about made up stories.

Isn't it the fault of the 'journalists' just as much as it is the paper. If the hacks didn't write crap in the first place, then it couldn't be published. It's good that he has finally took responsibility for his own actions.

--

I think his letter of resignation is well worth a read in its entirety.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/mar/04/daily-star-reporter-letter-full

5CC puts it in to context. The Daily Star is the tip of an iceburg, the Express, Daily Mail etc. are just as bad....

http://www.fivechinesecrackers.com/2011/03/richard-peppiatt-and-top-ten-ridiculous.html

What motivates them to generate the racist rubbish they come out with, and why do we let them get away with it?

I heard him being interviewed on R4 this lunchtime. He sounds like he found it all quite amusing at the time (the made up celeb stories). I've not bought a newspaper for years, not even a 'proper one', for this reason. Whats the point, if you cant believe whats written? The Daily Star had apparently had 48 libel cases in 4 years!

He says he is now collaborating on a TV sitcom about the newspaper business, the cynic in me is saying that this is some 'good' publicity for him.

Josef Goebbels and Stalin's propaganda chiefs could only ever have dreamt of imposing such banal conformity on the masses.

Streicher compared jews to rats, the tabloids and non-red-top tabloids compare asylum seekers to vermin. It's pandering to the lowest common denominator, never a good idea. Like the reporter said, what appears in these papers can lead to a bloke with his head smashed in in an alley.

Archived