Who's gonna stop me smoking cannabis??

I think when your all alone in your life as you've pushed everyone away becaused your paranoid up the hills, well then it's time to quit.

Seen it happen 1st hand and not on TV at 9:25am just after Lorraine.

Ditto! been there done that

But then who would be buying it through shops?.You would find even grandma jones living on the corner of your road growing it to sell. They would have to sell the suff dirt cheap in order to stop a mass cultivation of cannabis in the area(even if growing was still illegal).

It'd have to be cheaper than what's already on offer such that commercial growers would be the only people with any chance of making a profit.

Judging by some of the prices I've heard quoted that doesn't seem like it would be a very difficult proposition, it seems to work OK for alcohol.

Most people tend to buy beer down the off license rather than a lower quality, more expensive home brewed variety off their mate.

And to the OP,I dont think a local website is the best place to go shouting "I know 12 dealers!", especially since the forum does have SYP actively reading threads/post's.:loopy:

I don't think the police give a monkey's either way, TBH.

I think Bonzo is the perfect advert for "DON'T DO DRUGS!" .

Why? Because I'm not a very literate person or because I am a happily married family man with a career doing exactly what I want for more money than I could have ever hoped to earn?

Just because I openly admit that I smoke cannabis and you don't like that fact!

Get over it! I enjoy a smoke when I'm drumming and playing music. I might not make the best argument because I'm not articulate enough when I write. But you any musical instrument in front of me and I'll play it!

If anything smoking cannabis has enhanced my career and helped me get to where I am today. I wouldn't have written half the music I have if I wasn't under the influence!

Look back at all the great musicians (not comparing myself in any way what so ever) and I think you will find that pretty much all of them were pretty high on drugs!

I don't care if it's against the law! Downloading music and film torrents is illegal, people still do it, it's too difficult to police. Just like smoking cannabis is!

I know at least a dozen people in sheffield who sell it and it's as easy to get as buying the tobacco and papers I use to smoke it!

Whether the law or anti cannabis groups like it or not, it's impossible to stop! So instead of spending BILLIONS every year to prevent people using it, why not legalise it?

I bet not one of you can come up with a GOOD reason as to why it shouldn't be!

I wouldnt try and stop you - if you wanna put that stuff into your body then thats your business.

I put alcohol into my system so I have no right to lecture anyone.

Look back at all the great musicians (not comparing myself in any way what so ever) and I think you will find that pretty much all of them were pretty high on drugs!

I am absolutely not in favour of cannabis being illegal but that whole 'it makes you creative thing' is nonsense wishful thinking imo.

I am absolutely not in favour of cannabis being illegal but that whole 'it makes you creative thing' is nonsense wishful thinking imo.
Thing is its not really provable. The cannibis could well be a catalyst for creativity, the amount of artists, poets etc who do claim it is can't really be disregarded.

Yeah, well I'm a wishful thinker and you're wrong!

Cannabis makes me creative. Drugs affect the mind and body, alcohol makes some people violent.

Thing is its not really provable.

Agreed, hence the qualifier: 'imo'

The cannibis could well be a catalyst for creativity, the amount of artists, poets etc who do claim it is can't really be disregarded.

Correlation does not imply causation. Whose to say it's not just the case that creative types are more likely to use cannabis?

In my experience for every person who writes an awesome song whilst they're high there are 3 or 4 who give up music because being a stoner has taken away their motivation, and they're content to sit around doing nothing.

EDIT: One other point regarding cannabis and creativity: The placebo effect is powerful and mysterious. If you smoke a joint and immediately sit down at the piano or pick up your guitar thinking 'yeah I'm nice and high, now I can write an awesome song' then you're probably much more likely to be able to write an awesome song.

Agreed, hence the qualifier: 'imo'

Correlation does not imply causation. Whose to say it's not just the case that creative types are more likely to use cannabis?

In my experience for every person who writes an awesome song whilst they're high there are 3 or 4 who give up music because being a stoner has taken away their motivation, and they're content to sit around doing nothing.

EDIT: One other point regarding cannabis and creativity: The placebo effect is powerful and mysterious. If you smoke a joint and immediately sit down at the piano or pick up your guitar thinking 'yeah I'm nice and high, now I can write an awesome song' then you're probably much more likely to be able to write an awesome song.

What is your experience of hanging around with musicians and songwriters?

What is your experience of hanging around with musicians and songwriters?

Playing in various bands (only locally, admittedly) for the last 10 years or so. Most of my best friends are musicians and songwriters.

I have a friend who smoked almost every day from the age of about 13 until a couple of years ago, and now he's actually got his motivation back he's playing guitar for 3 hours a day, he even taught himself piano and has begun to write an opera (which is actually really good by the way). He's constantly banging on at me that quitting it was one of the best decisions he ever made when it comes to his musical output.

I have another friend who used to kick ass at guitar, I remember at our leaving do prom thing at school he got some voted for award of 'most likely to become a rockstar', he played in loads of bands. Then he became a total stoner, mostly stopped playing guitar and sits around playing videogames all the time. I had a jam with him about a month ago, and he has not improved his playing at all in the last 5 years or so, he's just stagnating.

Archived