Requesting a pay increase at work

Im wishing to request a pay increase at work.

I will obviously be writing a letter and I do believe its justified and the manager has said he did infact wish to discuss it several times so just wondered what I should write exactly?? Any advice??

Dear Fascist Bully Boy

Give me some money, you bar steward

May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman

Love Neil

Before anyone deletes that, its a quote from The Young Ones :D

Never an easy thing to bring up.

Try and sort out a 1 to 1 meeting with your manager at a time when neither of you are overwhelmed with work if possible.

Ask him what he thinks of your work, do have objectives/performance reviews? How are you doing against them?

Prepare for the meeting by putting together some notes on what you have done for the company, particularly things that show improvements on where you were 12 months ago. eg you've become proficient on some internal systems, maybe started training new staff on those systems? Things like that.

Im wishing to request a pay increase at work.

I will obviously be writing a letter and I do believe its justified and the manager has said he did infact wish to discuss it several times so just wondered what I should write exactly?? Any advice??

Bit formal, writing letter - much better to ask for quiet word or he may think you daren't ask?

I would say it depends on your particular skillset and wether you could be easily replaced out of the abundence of jobless people around at the minute. If there is any risk involved at all i would suggest you hold off for the time being.

6 years ago i was privilaged to be the only person in the country to know how to operate a certain machine. At the end of the year i asked for a pay rise and was told in no uncertain terms that i could go whistle. I ended up self employed. No idea what they did about replacing me.

This goes to show how fickle some boss's can be about giving out pay rises.

Dear Fascist Bully Boy

Give me some money, you bar steward

May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman

Love Neil

Before anyone deletes that, its a quote from The Young Ones :D

Wasn't it 'Darling' fascist bully boy?

I think it started off as dear, "but that sounds too much like 'will you go to bed with me'". Something like that anyway. :hihi: Great scene.

Archived