New to Sheffield: pls recommend restaurants

poloist

You're in the wrong city if you want a wide choice of great restaurants. We have a few, but not loads. Personally I go along with those who have given the thumbs up to Moran's (my local) and Marco @ Milanos. I'm quite fond of Artisan (apart from the waiting they make you do even when you've booked on busy nights).

People I respect have said that the Milestone is good - never been there myself. Also I've heard good things about Rafters in Nether Green.

For a cheaper and delicious Italian option, try Portofino...

I like portofino too :) Seems to miss out a lot on the recommendations. A small but nice menu and service has always been good.

La Mama, Abbeydale Road. Excellent little Latin Tapas Bar- Restaurant. Been a few times and surprises me every time for its quality and great and relaxing atmosphere. They will be doing Latin American dance lessons from April 2nd.

This place is my kind a good fun and great food, highly recommended....

Hope this was useful for you. :love::love::love:

23 bar and restaurant just of West street offers an excellant menu ranging from a variety of steaks to fish and chips served in a modern, relaxed environment,

Mon - Thurs

2 courses -£12.95

3 course - £15.95

Fri and Sat

2 courses - £16.95

3 courses - £18.95

Sunday lunch is a traditional roast with homemade Yorkshire puds!

23 bar and restaurant just of West street offers an excellant menu ranging from a variety of steaks to fish and chips served in a modern, relaxed environment,

Mon - Thurs

2 courses -£12.95

3 course - £15.95

Fri and Sat

2 courses - £16.95

3 courses - £18.95

Sunday lunch is a traditional roast with homemade Yorkshire puds!

OP was asking for recommendations - not adverts

My favourite restaurants in Sheffield:

Indian - Dhanistha's on Abbeydale Rd, not THE most stylish place but excellent food. Zara's in Crookes is not too bad.

Italian - Piccolo's on West Street, Casanova's in Crookes, I've been to Marco@Milano's once and it was nice but rather pricey for what it was (IMHO)

Chinese/Japanese/Oriental - I LOVE Wasabisabi on London Road!!! I also like Dim Sum on London Road and East One in the West One complex (cheap but food v good!). I've not been to Hui Wei for a while, but liked it when I did go.

Modern British - Both the original Milestone (Kelham Island) and the Milestone@Wig and Pen (in town) are lovely. I also like the London Club (in town), Catch in Crosspool and Morans in Dore.

Jason Willey, I do think it's funny that you've said 'don't go anywhere run by an Indian' and then recommended a Chinese buffet...

Archived