BS Business 'Management speak'

When they give talks, don't your managers come out with a load of old testicles?:hihi: Who the hell do they think they are? More a-load-of-Trump than Donald Trump?

"Be all that you can be!" Eh? Is that American psychobabble, or is it the English language?

There used to be a load of such idiotic phrases that we were expected to slavishly mimic from the USA, usually about thinking out of boxes or picking low fruit, etc. :loopy:

Thank Jumping Jehovah I left my office job...

Plain English would suffice, at least then everybody woud understand.

Not all employees in this country speak English. I think management should forget about silly business speak and endeavour to learn multiple languages, it will be much more productive.:)

I was once in a meeting with a David Brent type manager and he actually came out with "Let's fly the ideas helicopter around the room and see where it lands shall we?"

I really really wanted to stand up and tell him what a tw*t he was being, but I had to bite my tongue otherwise I would have been sacked so fast my feet wouldn't have touched the ground on the way out.

Not all employees in this country speak English. I think management should forget about silly business speak and endeavour to learn multiple languages, it will be much more productive.:)

I liked the plate on the rear of a car in the USA. It read :-

This is the US of A. Here we speak English, or we GO HOME !!.......................

I was once in a meeting with a David Brent type manager and he actually came out with "Let's fly the ideas helicopter around the room and see where it lands shall we?"

I really really wanted to stand up and tell him what a tw*t he was being, but I had to bite my tongue otherwise I would have been sacked so fast my feet wouldn't have touched the ground on the way out.

:hihi::hihi: That's hilarious!:hihi::hihi:

I once employed a manager like that. The amount of grief I got from my staff was unbelievable. He didn't last long.;)

Archived