Motorist attacks cyclists because he felt threatened

Are you really turning in to a troll? :o

I don't think he's trolling at all.

Walk down a road=probably get hit by a car at some point.

Walk on a cycle lane-probably get hit by a bike.

Walk on a train track=probably get hit by a train.

Walk on a run way=probably get run over by a plane.

But,,,,I think you would be safe taking a stroll on the tram tracks down hillsborough,oh no,forgot about the trams.:hihi:.

Don't people use paths anymore?.

• 11 months later...
17 months for this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17069235

It defies believe

He should have got a far longer.

I also think the cyclist was riding like an ignorant **** on the roundabout. The bus driver indicated in plenty of time to switch lanes and move into a gap, the cyclist ignored this and closed the gap between himself and the car in front and tried to overtake the bus. He then lost his rag and inflamed the situation.

We have here a case, IMO, of a cyclist being an idiot and causing a confrontation which resulted in the bus driver being an even bigger idiot.

jb

Don't be so silly. There's no excuse at all for attempting to murder somebody with a bus.

17 months is a travesty.

Is this directed at me? I made no attempt as excusing the bus drivers actions. He's an idiot and deserves far more than 17 months in jail. I was simply pointing out that the cyclist was also an idiot.

Don't worry, I will now crawl back under my bridge.

jb

I also think the cyclist was riding like an ignorant **** on the roundabout. The bus driver indicated in plenty of time to switch lanes and move into a gap, the cyclist ignored this and closed the gap between himself and the car in front and tried to overtake the bus. He then lost his rag and inflamed the situation.

We have here a case, IMO, of a cyclist being an idiot and causing a confrontation which resulted in the bus driver being an even bigger idiot.

jb

I saw the additional clip of the bit you are talking about. It looked to me like the bus was in the wrong lane and pushed his way into the lane the cyclist was in. The cyclist could have let him in but then he might have got shunted by a car driver behind and there is no requirement to let vehicles in, in that situation. The bus driver should have waited until there was a gap. Roundabouts are petrifying on a bike-you would not catch me on one that size. It is however irrelevant as the bus driver then tried to kill the guy.

Is this directed at me? I made no attempt as excusing the bus drivers actions. He's an idiot and deserves far more than 17 months in jail. I was simply pointing out that the cyclist was also an idiot.

Don't worry, I will now crawl back under my bridge.

jb

That is along the lines of telling a rape victim her skirt was too short!

jb

I can't see how the cyclist does anything wrong on the roundabout, he's in the correct lane travelling at the same speed as the traffic. The bus is in the wrong lane and pushes across.

Archived