Reduced from riches to rags.

Your loyalty is admirable, but if he can't be bothered to find out for himself, I have to question why are you bothering for him?

It would have something to do with him being my oldest (and what I consider to be only) friend I have, he has picked me up in the past, I think it only fair I try and return the favour.

He also happened to save my life once.

He took his chances in Spain, and things didn't work out for him. But he can't return to the UK and expect taxpayers to pick up the bill for him when he hasn't made any NI contributions whilst he was out of the country.

He doesn't expect the taxpayer to pick up the bill, I don't think he wants to claim either.

He appears to be stuck in limbo atm.

If I could afford it I'd pick up the bill for him.

The point is, what can I do to help him get his arse up and back into work.

That is what I'm trying to achieve here, to gain ideas.

The circumstances on how he's managed to reach the point he is at at this moment in time is irrelevant.

If you have any ideas please feel free to give them, if not move along, as has already been said, there is nothing to discuss other than ideas and advice on how to help him.

It would have something to do with him being my oldest (and what I consider to be only) friend I have, he has picked me up in the past, I think it only fair I try and return the favour.

He also happened to save my life once.

If you have any ideas please feel free to give them, if not move along, as has already been said, there is nothing to discuss other than ideas and advice on how to help him.

Thank you Digsby for this fuller explanation. On reflection, I may have jumped to too harsh a conclusion. Apologies if I have caused you distress or offence.

I'm unable to think of ways of assisting your friend, so I will take your advice and move on.

red

Archived