Cyclists and road rage..

I would strongly disagree with that but even if I didn't need to be somewhere I think it unfair that someone using a slow moving vehicle chooses the time of day with the most cars on the road to move the bloody thing!

And I do think there is a discrepancy between your assertion that your journey is so important, yet the response to that is that other people should not be allowed to use the roads rather than you needing to set off earlier.

I can admit when I'm exagerating (ask ym girlfriend) and hlaf an hour difference on a 45 minute drive could be a bit extreme. IT will be more like 5 or at the very most ten minutes. But having this delay every single day is just annoying me.

That's the exaggeration though, you aren't delayed by just the right amount every day to cause you to miss a cycle of traffic lights. That might happen once a month.

I would strongly disagree with that but even if I didn't need to be somewhere I think it unfair that someone using a slow moving vehicle chooses the time of day with the most cars on the road to move the bloody thing!

So they should delay earning their living for your convenience?

I do cycle but wouldn't use it to get to and from work.

So how are you so confused about these issues. Do you personally turn into traffic without looking? Do you find yourself holding up huge numbers of cars? Do you feel like you have no right to be on the road?

So they should delay earning their living for your convenience?

Wow...something has really touched a nerve with you! I have been delayed by slow moving traffic, bikes in the city and farming machinery on country lanes that should be quick to use.

I know this next comment is going to cause even more backlash from such a sensitive sole such as yourself but...I work in a hospital and have meetings with some very brave yet sick people starting between 8 and 9 most days. I don't think it is fair for large slow moving equipment to use the roads at peak times that delay people getting to work. If I had to allow for this delay every day I would be leving the house at 6 am or earlier each day.

Move your meeting times so neither they nor you have to sit in a slow car. Then you all can stop holding up the pushbikes.

It must be! Takes me easily 45 minutes door to door!

Like I said, it's your car that's the problem, not the pushbike.

You can't hang on to your argument forever in the face of such overwhelming evidence.

Move your meeting times so neither they nor you have to sit in a slow car. Then you all can stop holding up the pushbikes.

Like I said, it's your car that's the problem, not the pushbike.

You can't hang on to your argument forever in the face of such overwhelming evidence.

Maybe I take the longest possible route to Rotherham but I still don't like bikes on the road. Will never change my mind but its just an oppinion and I have no power to change anything so can do nothing about it :-(

Maybe I take the longest possible route to Rotherham

Maybe you do. By the same token if pushbikes were legally allowed to use the best route via Parkway I reckon that it would easily shave another 5 minutes (maybe more) off the journey by bike.

Maybe you do. By the same token if pushbikes were legally allowed to use the best route via Parkway I reckon that it would easily shave another 5 minutes (maybe more) off the journey by bike.

Now thats a bit daft, no way you can actually go faster than a car on a strech of dual carriage way.

Archived