Cyclists and road rage..

You are more likely to be killed by a golf ball or a bumble bee than a cyclist. The risk just does not exist.

You also said this spindrift so yes it would seem you are saying cyclists are not a risk to anyone?

The case i posted from cycling weekly says otherwise. The risk is there just as it is with drivers, albeit the instances of death are minor the risk is still present.

So to quote what you said at 16:12..."Base your opinions on facts not prejudice"

You also said this spindrift so yes it would seem you are saying cyclists are not a risk to anyone?

The case i posted from cycling weekly says otherwise. The risk is there just as it is with drivers, albeit the instances of death are minor the risk is still present.

So to quote what you said at 16:12..."Base your opinions on facts not prejudice"

Are you going to start a thread about the dangers of golf balls or bees?

Do you consider them the high risk you consider cyclists?

If so, you appear hysterically paranoid about the danger posed to you by people on bikes.

The risk is simply not there, you are more likely to be killed by a police car on the pavement than a cyclist.

The risks cyclist pose to pedestrians and motorists are minimal/negligible, but not completely non existent, of course.

Are you going to start a thread about the dangers of golf balls or bees?

Do you consider them the high risk you consider cyclists?

If so, you appear hysterically paranoid about the danger posed to you by people on bikes.

The risk is simply not there, you are more likely to be killed by a police car on the pavement than a cyclist.

The risk simply is there. The facts say there have been deaths caused by cyclists which means there is a risk. The numbers are far far lower than deaths caused by drivers but the fact is the risk remains or have cycling weekly been lying to us?

Being hysterically paranoid doesn't enter into it the fact that there are specific examples of people being killed/injured by cyclists proves beyond doubt that cyclists pose a risk to people

The risk simply is there. The facts say there have been deaths caused by cyclists which means there is a risk.

I suggest you alert the British Medical Association.

A BMA study in 1999 found that the benefits of cycling outweighed the risks by 20:1.

The risks are so negligible that can be discounted, that's why many cycling groups or clubs offer free Third Party Insurance for cyclists.

Reckon drivers could get free insurance?

My CTC membership gives me free insurance, and I get it on my household policy, personally I can never properly relax on a bike unless I know I'm covered third party up to £3 million. :hihi:

Archived