Cyclists and road rage..

This thread didnt have anything about riding a metre from the kerb in the opening post, totally different thread.

Like i said, the people who cycle properly should be in agreement with the majority of things the op says, its not acceptable to run red lights, its not acceptable to run stop signs, (its stupid really) and its not acceptable to cycle three abreast, as it shows a disregard for other road users, and before anyone says that drivers dont have any regard for cyclists, THAT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT! As a cyclist i dont want to be associated with the numptys that cycle in a dangerous manner.

Can't really disagree with anything here, but the OP did seem to be wrong about one thing

who ride two even 3 abreast

Riding two abreast is of course perfectly acceptable, as you'd hope the OP would know, being familiar with his highway code.

This thread didnt have anything about riding a metre from the kerb in the opening post, totally different thread.

Like i said, the people who cycle properly should be in agreement with the majority of things the op says, its not acceptable to run red lights, its not acceptable to run stop signs, (its stupid really) and its not acceptable to cycle three abreast, as it shows a disregard for other road users, and before anyone says that drivers dont have any regard for cyclists, THAT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT! As a cyclist i dont want to be associated with the numptys that cycle in a dangerous manner.

Sorry you're right.

After a while all the stupid anti cyclist rant threads merge into one.

The answer to the OP is - No, cyclists don't bring it on themselves - anyone who has such a problem with their anger that they lose it to the extent that they threaten and physically or verbally abuse other road users shouldn't be on the road.

There is no place for a cyclist on todays roads they are a danger to themselves and to others.This is not a dig at cyclists but because the roads are that congested they are a liability through no fault of their own

If that's your opinion then there's probably no place for you on todays roads, IMO. Please send your license in and sell your car.

Sorry you're right.

After a while all the stupid anti cyclist rant threads merge into one.

The answer to the OP is - No, cyclists don't bring it on themselves - anyone who has such a problem with their anger that they lose it to the extent that they threaten and physically or verbally abuse other road users shouldn't be on the road.

Im in total agreement with you scoop, no place for road rage in my eyes, you havent actually been dismissive of the people who do flout the rules of the road and given you and i as cyclists a bad name though.

Im in total agreement with you scoop, no place for road rage in my eyes, you havent actually been dismissive of the people who do flout the rules of the road and given you and i as cyclists a bad name though.

That wasn't the question.

The question is do the the cyclists bring it on themselves.

The answer is no - people who are aggressive are responsible for their own behaviour.

And how do you come to that conclusion ?

I came to that conclusion after reading you conclude that cyclists are a danger to themselves and others because roads are congested.

It's not a logical conclusion, it's not true, and it suggests that if you think cyclists are causing danger, then it's probably you that isn't competent and I'd rather not risk having you run me down as a cyclists or run into me as a motorist.

I came to that conclusion after reading you conclude that cyclists are a danger to themselves and others because roads are congested.

It's not a logical conclusion, it's not true, and it suggests that if you think cyclists are causing danger, then it's probably you that isn't competent and I'd rather not risk having you run me down as a cyclists or run into me as a motorist.

so when a cyclist is undertaking me,where he shouldnt be,and I have to swerve because 90 % they are wobbling like good uns,and hit a pedestrian who may be on a central reservation then Im at fault..And when Im on a nice clear but narrow road I have to brake suddenly because the two idiot cyclists have chosen that moment to decide to ride two abreast at 10 mph ,Im at fault, most cyclists think they own the road and they have precedence over motor vehicles ,even if that were true you dont argue with a ton of car sat exposed on a flimsy steel frame,there is too much traffic nowadays to make cycling safe ,the average motorist has enough on their plate watching out for other large vehicles never mind cyclists who seem to flount every traffic law in existence,the number I see riding about at night without lights amazes me.They should at least be insured how many time when undertaking have they taken paint of expensive cars will probably never be revealed

Archived