Are stand up sun beds expensive to run

Cheaper than a packet of fags?

One session on it would be cheaper than one packet of cigarettes - for the electricity bill anyway. You've also got to pay to hire the thing, I suppose.

4,000 watts (20 tubes) is costing one unit of electricity every 50 minutes or so. How much is the OP paying per unit?

One session on it would be cheaper than one packet of cigarettes - for the electricity bill anyway. You've also got to pay to hire the thing, I suppose.

4,000 watts (20 tubes) is costing one unit of electricity every 50 minutes or so. How much is the OP paying per unit?

Isn't a unit 1 kilowatt/hour ? so 1,000w used for 1 hour would be 1 unit?

So 4000 watts is going to cost a unit every 15 minutes.

Also, if it really is 4000w, it's going to need it's own circuit & special wiring. 4000w @230v is 17.4 Amps. I think it's likely to be smaller & less powerful, it can't use a normal plug if it's over 3000w.

Commercial sunbeds might have 20 x 200w tubes, but there can't really be that many in one you could rent & have in your house.

Archived