Do you want to go for a coffee?

What happened to small, medium and large? Its just the ****wittery of it all to get a simple drink that annoys me. Then you have to faff about with syrups and the names of the different drinks when all that you get is essentially the same thing no matter what you ask for, the only difference is that the 8 pints of foam is made in a different way.

You don't though. Clearly you've never actually been in one. They respond to 'small', 'medium' and 'large' just as you'd expect. Syrup would obviously be optional (and wrong) and they do serve just 'coffee'.

Is this just some kind of inverse snobbery, based on the mistaken believe that it's snobby to drink coffee at starbucks?

Woe betide you if you aren't up on the latest coffee lingo as well or make a mistake when you ask. The "professional barista" will look pityingly at you as though you're a bronze age peasant with no clue about the 21st century and then patronize you to try to get your foul taint out of the building. The whole experience is designed to rip you off and leave you feeling as angry, insecure and confused as possible. Its just a hateful experience made more so because you know these large coffee chains actually hate you. They just want your money, as much of it as they dare ask for.

I struggle to reconcile your description of the many coffee shops I've been in... Perhaps if you relax a little you'll get further with your attempt to buy coffee.

Have you ever thought about looking for another job, something tells me you arent a happy bunny :suspect:

Always makes me :hihi: when someone asks for an espresso and the staff says “ you do know its one of these" ( holds up smallest cup you’ve ever seen. ) ………… durrrrrrrrrrrr yes or I wouldn’t have asked for it. :roll:

It makes me laugh when I ask for an espresso (there's a starbucks here in my office) and the staff then go expresso? I just smile and nod though.

would I want to go for 8 pints yes

would I want to go chase some stray dogs while dressed as elvis yes

do I want to go on a whisky themed night and make some prank phone calls yes

but I dont want to waste a hour drinking coffee oreyt!!!!

Can I come out with you the next time you do any of these things? ;)

• 2 months later...
Depends which coffee shop it is; if it's Bragazzis on Abbeydale Rd, Oyes at Woodseats or Remo at Broonhill then yes, I'd go. Megabucks or Costly coffee ... forget it!

Bragazzi's Tom makes a very good cup of coffee but the owner Matt does not. Besides, he is rude. His blonde waitress is equally rude. O Yes's Huso is a nice guy. Remo's coffee and bignè are good, too.

Its not the place its the people. Smugly sitting there with 3 pints of milk foam and a shot of coffee served to them by a student on minimum wage who is apparently an "expert" barista. Making out that they're so cool and contemporary because they have to speak in a secret code just to get a drink. Theres always at least 1 person on a laptop desperately tapping away and looking over the top of it in case someones looking at them so they can claim they're just "writing" or "blogging" or being a douche. Its just so contrived, style over substance, attention seeking and try hard that it makes me sad.

Haha!

Brilliant...........And bang on.

Archived