Is Satan really a bad person?

I mean evil can't be caused by satan - else he could not have done evil in the first place, because there would have been nowhere for evil to come from.

If evil comes from free will, it does not come from satan.

Whoever created/granted free will maybe?

......what?

So why do you automatically believe that God (regardless of his actions) is good?

and why do you believe that Satan is evil?

You say that for evil to exist it has to come from someone/something, so you believe Satan exists and that he is evil. Why blame it on him?

God - if you follow along do things as he says it would work out for good

satan- if you follow along do things as he says it would work out for bad

how did it work out for those who listened and followed satans pomise in genesis 3:4

it was a simple test by God to show he deserved absolute authority as the creator of all things , and he has the right to remove those who obstruct his purpose/plans etc

I mean evil can't be caused by satan - else he could not have done evil in the first place, because there would have been nowhere for evil to come from.

If evil comes from free will, it does not come from satan.

I'm thinking for example about all the kind people who look after sick animals and feed the motherless babies every few hours night and day, and then I think of other people who drown kittens in a river!

Now what is it that makes the difference in people?

I think we have choices and we will be seen as either good or evil depending on the choices we make and whether we are seen as good or bad depends on which way we lean?

Good or bad things don't exist until someone commits the act and the individual is the creator of that act. I think good and evil are our thought patterns that are of our own making. I doubt our decisions are created by anyone except us which is what we call free will and as a consequence we are held responsible for our actions. As you will know Christians believe that one day they will be held to account.

Just my personal thoughts. :)

God - if you follow along do things as he says it would work out for good

satan- if you follow along do things as he says it would work out for bad

What things do you think he says? EDIT: Satan

how did it work out for those who listened and followed satans pomise in genesis 3:4

If you mean the bit where Adam and Eve eat from the tree of knowledge and are cast out, I suppose it depends entirely on your values. I for one am grateful to have a knowledge/awareness of what is "good and evil" although I do not believe in them as a pair of forces. I'm also grateful that I am not immortal.

I would not enjoy living forever, in naivety. Saying that, due to the naivety, I might not be aware and therefore not be bothered.

satan chose to step out of line he wanted what wasnt his " worship,to be the leader" that desire to have what was Gods as he is the creator grew in him

a bit like a thief is not born a thief , he choses that course

satan set up his own rebellion

genesis 3:2-5

Sorry Lee, I've been searching for something showing this for a while now and am getting nowhere. Would you mind giving me a link to an online source if there is one? I haven't owned a bible for years so can't check that.

Archived