Is Satan really a bad person?

i dont understand , you mean God or his supposed followers?

God.

You said that god is good because 'if you follow along do things as he says it would work out for good'

Then we look at god's actions: the child murder, the genocide, the slaughter of those who refuse to worship him.

And so apparently it is a case of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

Also 'if you follow along do things as he says it would work out for good' is only true if you're not a woman, gay, if you like eating shellfish, wearing modern clothes, a firstborn Egyptian etc.

read matthew 4: 8 satan clearly asked for worship to be given him

Ah! Found it, thank you..

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written,"

Wanting to be worshipped isn't evil though is it?

God.

You said that god is good because 'if you follow along do things as he says it would work out for good'

Then we look at god's actions: the child murder, the genocide, the slaughter of those who refuse to worship him.

Also 'if you follow along do things as he says it would work out for good' is only true if you're not a woman, gay, if you like eating shellfish, wearing modern clothes, a firstborn Egyptian etc.

Have you got a description for this person and what are the police doing?

God.

As i posted earlier God never did anything without first giving the people concerned a "way out" if they compied to HIS rules.

This is why he refers to himself as the "Almighty" in scripture.

He reseves the right to be the ultimate authority and judge and therefore punisher of what he percieves is wrong ,why ?????

revelation 4:11

Ah! Found it, thank you..

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written,"

Wanting to be worshipped isn't evil though is it?

That depends on his motives i guess

That depends on his motives i guess

That appears to be mostly what goes on when it comes to Satan, guesses. So far there's still not been a single reason put forward as to why we should think that Satan is bad/evil.

Whatever his motives were, wanting to be worshipped is still not evil in itself. Selfish and/or conceited maybe, evil? No.

Archived