Is Satan really a bad person?

The bible says so.

Which God? This will answer RootsBoosters question because all these gods were different names for Satan and I regret to say that for most of the time the people of the Old Testament were worshipping Satan.

Here are just a few.

Judg:2:11: And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:

Judg:2:13: And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and Ashtaroth.

Judg:3:7: And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and forgat the LORD their God, and served Baalim and the groves.

Judg:8:33: And it came to pass, as soon as Gideon was dead, that the children of Israel turned again, and went a whoring after Baalim, and made Baal-berith their god.

Judg:10:6: And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim, and Ashtaroth, and the gods of Syria, and the gods of Zidon, and the gods of Moab, and the gods of the children of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines, and forsook the LORD, and served not him.

Judg:10:10: And the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, saying, We have sinned against thee, both because we have forsaken our God, and also served Baalim.

http://jtf27.tripod.com/saturn.htm

Can you give a source for your info regarding these other names for Satan?

Which God? This will answer RootsBoosters question because all these gods were different names for Satan and I regret to say that for most of the time the people of the Old Testament were worshipping Satan.

Which question is that?

Here are just a few.

Judg:2:11: And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:

Someone doing something in SIGHT of the "lord" or "Baalim" doesn't make Satan evil, it's the people doing it that are "evil"

Judg:2:13: And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and Ashtaroth.

Last time I checked, serving someone wasn't evil

Judg:3:7: And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and forgat the LORD their God, and served Baalim and the groves.

again, PEOPLE doing evil in "sight" of a lord or Baalim or Satan doesn't make Satan evil, it's the people that are doing it.

Judg:8:33: And it came to pass, as soon as Gideon was dead, that the children of Israel turned again, and went a whoring after Baalim, and made Baal-berith their god.

If someone made you their god, would that make you evil?

Judg:10:6: And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim, and Ashtaroth, and the gods of Syria, and the gods of Zidon, and the gods of Moab, and the gods of the children of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines, and forsook the LORD, and served not him.

.....and? More people doing evil stuff, not Satan.

Judg:10:10: And the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, saying, We have sinned against thee, both because we have forsaken our God, and also served Baalim.

http://jtf27.tripod.com/saturn.htm

Silly people.

So what you're saying is, a whole lotta people did a whole lotta bad stuff, and claimed they did it for Satan? That makes him bad?

but what do you have to offer if people obey you ?

I thought it was Satan who was supposed to make offers and tempt people?

Then let's have a description of the murderer.

He said quite clearly, several times... GOD

but what if it meant good things for those who obeyed him ?

matthew 5:3

Are you serious? It still means that killing lots of people is bad. If I killed some people but helped others, would you consider me good or bad?>

It's like a flashback to when Grahame was here!

Grahame is here right now, and it's pretty much confirmation in my eyes that he was a troll all along, so much commitment! Years of keeping a persistent character, and now its a new one, although pretty similar at the moment, I'm sure there'll be some interesting quirks that he adds in time.

Archived