Is Satan really a bad person?

I think he was just really committed to his cover. That he's now returned to us under a new name only increases my conviction that he was a troll all along.

He still reads our posts, you know!

He's probably had a good old nosey at this post.

It's SOOOOOOOOOO Grahame!

Why should we think Satan is evil?

From the start of this thread you've basically said "He just IS!"

Also, it seems to me that most people just ASSUME that these other names refer to Satan. You gave me a link earlier to a site, but other than the editor of that site's own opinion, there was nothing to say in the sources given to clarify it was actually about Satan.

Look at the words in bold, it works both ways.

The true God is in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament and it is down to us to discern God from Satan. Far from telling us to murder and take captive the true God tells us to:

"Love your neighbour as yourself: I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:18

Do not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath, for all these things I hate, declares the LORD.” Zechariah 8:17

Do not plot harm against your neighbour, who lives trustfully near you. Prov 3:29

Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.' Zechariah 7:10

Wash the evil from your heart and be saved. How long will you harbour wicked thoughts? Jeremiah 4:14

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, (Satan is known as the father of lies) hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers. Proverbs 6

Satan tells people all sorts of wickedness and that is the difference between Satan and God.

The true God is in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament and it is down to us to discern God from Satan. Far from telling us to murder and take captive the true God tells us to:

"Love your neighbour as yourself: I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:18

Do not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath, for all these things I hate, declares the LORD.” Zechariah 8:17

Do not plot harm against your neighbour, who lives trustfully near you. Prov 3:29

Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.' Zechariah 7:10

Wash the evil from your heart and be saved. How long will you harbour wicked thoughts? Jeremiah 4:14

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, (Satan is known as the father of lies) hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers. Proverbs 6

Satan tells people all sorts of wickedness and that is the difference between Satan and God.

Grahame, please point out to me in all the irrelevant text you pasted, where it says why we should think Satan is evil , as per my post, which you responded to with said text.

See, this is how everyone knows it's you, there's ONLY you who is compelled to reply to a simple question with a huge copy/paste which isn't actually related to the question posed, with the vain hope of distracting and/or derailing the thread. It's been seen by many people many times before.

Pot? Kettle?

Archived