Is Satan really a bad person?

Your post does not make a lot of sense I am sorry to say, especially as I presume you are an atheist which means you do not believe in any deity, in which case it is silly to say that satan is god which is an acknowledgement of both deities.

People seem very confused on this forum I have to say.

Ooh look, another newbie coming on here and disapproving. That's new, too... /sigh

But my post makes an awful lot of sense. God is a master manipulator, it would make total sense that an evil being would portray himself as a positive / benign figure and to cast in as bad a light as possible anyone that disagrees with him.

Our politicians have been doing that in the media for a century now

I think there is a language/conceptualisation problem: I don't think we mean the same thing when we say "Satan".
I mean the fictional character from the Abrahamic religious texts, as specified in the OP.

Also: humans kill babies, commit genocides etc etc,
So what? You seem to have missed my point. I'll sum it up nicely for you in three sentences.

God did these terrible things

They are much worse than getting some woman to eat an apple, or anything satan ever did.

Therefore, Satan is morally superior to god.

Satan is just a metaphor for the evil side in all of us.
Not according to the abrahamic texts, which are the basis for this discussion.

It's funny that this whole 'its all a metaphor thing' only popped up after advances in our understanding of the world made a literal interpretation seem ludicrously stupid.

God did these terrible things

They are much worse than getting some woman to eat an apple, or anything satan ever did.

Therefore, Satan is morally superior to god.

Oooh, someone's headed for a whole world of hurt with that statement :P

Ooh look, another newbie coming on here and disapproving. That's new, too... /sigh

But my post makes an awful lot of sense. God is a master manipulator, it would make total sense that an evil being would portray himself as a positive / benign figure and to cast in as bad a light as possible anyone that disagrees with him.

Our politicians have been doing that in the media for a century now

Satan is the great deceiver.

This might help

http://www.studytheword.citymax.com/page/page/3100611.htm

Archived